Unable to pick item from the other side of a cage

Talk about anything related to the iOS version of Legend of Grimrock 1.
imagei

Unable to pick item from the other side of a cage

Post by imagei »

Hi!

I'm stuck trying to put an item on the pressure plate in a 1x1 cage so I can pick it up from another side. This is in a min-dungeon after you drop down twice from level 6.

As described in the Gamepressure walkthrough (http://guides.gamepressure.com/legendof ... p?ID=14828, section 21) and countless others, I'm supposed to put an item (any item) on the pressure plate (presumably in its left corner?), wait for the door to open and collect the item from the other side. Try as I might I can't do that -- if I put any item onto the pressure plate it's at the close edge and I can't pick it from either left (from beind the bars) or right. The screenshot below indicates that there's a specific place to drop the item onto but no matter where on the screen I drop the item it ends up in the same place on the pressure plate.

This image shows exactly the place I'm talking about: Image

How to proceed? It seems to possibly be an iPad-specific issue.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Unable to pick item from the other side of a cage

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Try to place the item into the corner so you can reach it through both bars.
imagei

Post by imagei »

Perhaps I'm thick but I tried dropping all sorts of items (rocks, spears, bags, boxes, torches) all over the screen (focusing on the bottom left corner naturally) but my items still end up in the same place behind the bars.

As an example, here I'm dropping a stone as low and as left as possible (any further left or down and it'd end up in front of the bars):

(I just noticed I took the screenshots standing on the other side of the cage but the behaviour is precisely the same from the correct spot).

Naturally I can't reach it from any other side once it lands in the middle of the plate.

Is it just insanely tricky and I should stubbornly keep trying over and over? It starts to feel like an IDSPISPOPD moment :mrgreen:
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Try less far to the left. Aim at the corner of the plate.

btw: are there any other iOS players with the same handling problem? (can't test myself)
petri

Post by petri »

You need a different tactic to solve it in the mobile version. Hint: you need two items.
imagei

Post by imagei »

Ah, so obvious... in hindsight :roll: Good thinking outside the box, or a cage, in this case ;) Thanks a lot guys!!