The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter is live

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Isaac

Re: The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter is live

Post by Isaac »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Assumed the party goes always first that's true. Thus i said "swift enemy". When monster(s) go first and kill or incapacitate your caster(s) right away, he/they is/are out. Seen that happen so don't try to tell me it does not and past that it's the same as having a bad PB draw.
Why would I tell it it doesn't happen? It's intrinsic; although players often have the chance to initiate combat as a surprise.

**This is not the point being made though. Any PC can get killed at anytime in the round ~in both systems... But in the TB system, the PC has the ability to change their mind during their turn. For instance... If the target of the healing action dies before the healer acts, in PB combat, the healer's action is wasted; in the TB combat, the healer can heal someone else, or attack someone else; or reposition themselves; or change equipment.
Even in the Disciples series, where units have only two actions, (generally to attack or defend) that action can change mid round based on emergent events... A unit that was to attack, changes to defend rather than attack, can force another combat round; and cause the opposing side to lose. PB ignores emergent events within a round; TB usually allows the player to act on them. Image
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Yeah IF the target dies and IF the healer can act and IF nodody does interfere and IF yaddayadda ..

See why i said "splitting hairs"? When it takes such cases to show a benefit of TB vs. PB it's hardly worth noting.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Yeah IF the target dies and IF the healer can act and IF nodody does interfere and IF yaddayadda ..

See why i said "splitting hairs"? When it takes such cases to show a benefit of TB vs. PB it's hardly worth noting.
... And when is that not commonplace?

It's not splitting hairs, the systems are fundamentally estranged.

It's only taken such cases because you continually say it's not so; and then you agree with caveats that seek to marginalize. Prove it wrong, and I'll listen.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Well then you see a fundamental difference where i see only a slighty different flavor.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Fair enough.

Brian Fargo updated Q&A
** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CZEYuJ ... e=youtu.be
Infinitron

Post by Infinitron »