bug list compilation

Talk about anything related to the iOS version of Legend of Grimrock 1.
Mr_fantastic

bug list compilation

Post by Mr_fantastic »

hello im compiling a list of known problems in "the legend of grimrock" IOS version please help by reporting and testing grimrock IOS bugs and post them here.

1, Lurker boots are bugged, when equipping a weapon or torch the Evasion bonus disappears/is removed. - fixed in the next patch.

2, chests are bugged with 5 or more items inside them. - fixed in the next patch.

3, when loading the game in the pillars of light room game fails or dosent load?. - fixed in the next patch.

4, items seem to be stacking incorrectly or disappear when when put into one/multiple sacks. - not a bug.

5, seems that on the fourth level inside the time and tide portal theres a plate which opens up some pits u can fall down into wheres theres a an archer duo of skeletons that are invincible and cant be killed. (player paulus claims he fought it for 30mins and they didnt appear to die) - fixed in the next patch.

6, weird bug with gas cloud going to leave a quote to explain it - fixed in the next patch.
paulus wrote:in the room i saw a poison cloud, which was strange cause i killed the enemies in that room some time ago and the cloud didn't hurt me.
kinda hard to make out, but in this picture i'm standing on top of the cloud.
and now the strange thing, by tapping the cloud it vanishes and a sword appears in the player hand.
in the inventory the sword has no description at all,
it is equipable but i can't use it, perhaps my sword skill is too low.
i can put the sword back on the ground and the cloud reappears or i can throw the sword and an enemy poison cloud which actually hurts my party appears.
7, the special attacks in the unarmed tree don't seem to trigger. - fixed in the next patch.

8, enchanted arrows dont lose their enchant once they are fired, probably not something intended for the ipad version and is most likely a bug. - not a bug, just a feature for ipad to reduce micro management.

9, some people cant put items in boxes. - fixed in the next patch.

please report any more bugs you find in this post so that the devs can be aware and fix the problem in a future patch

i will also update this post to include new found bugs

(credit for finding these goes to, in order), "dstone", "Drskywalker", "stubbie", "kasalic", "paulus", "doomowl", "monkfish", "Mutman"
petri wrote:Thanks for the bug reports!

Issues 1,2,3,5,6,7 are fixed in the next update.

4 is not a bug. When you click a stack of items inside a container, the normal stack split interface will open.
8 is by design (not a bug). We wanted to reduce micromanagement in the iPad version, so enchantments are permanent.
9 is the same as issue 2.
devs have acknowledge these bugs and are going to fix them in the next patch!
Last edited by Mr_fantastic on Thu May 14, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Kasalic

Re: bug list compilation

Post by Kasalic »

I have a bug where putting a stack of items in bag and then double tapping on them opens another bag interface with only that one item in it, but the item is split (i.e. a stack of 5 knives became 3 stacks of knivess, 2 stacks of 2 and 1 single) whilst noticing this I also lost 9 rocks off the same character which may be related.
doomowl

Post by doomowl »

I'm not fully confirm at all but I suspect unarmed combat this skill doesn't really function at all, coz I'm leveling this skill till 20 level but the jab skill didn't even been cast on enemy. Some ppl can confirm with me I'm correct or not pls??
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

doomowl wrote:I'm not fully confirm at all but I suspect unarmed combat this skill doesn't really function at all, coz I'm leveling this skill till 20 level but the jab skill didn't even been cast on enemy. Some ppl can confirm with me I'm correct or not pls??
(I ain't got an iPad so i can't test myself and only tell what to look out for)

All melee traits like "Jab" do require(!) a certain amount of energy to execute randomly. Without enough energy to perform an enabled trait only a normal attack will be executed so best make sure that the energy bar of our unarmed character is full before engaging a monster.

Of course also make sure that your main hand is empty. Otherwise you are not doing an unarmed attack and "Jab" won't be able to trigger.
doomowl

Post by doomowl »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
doomowl wrote:I'm not fully confirm at all but I suspect unarmed combat this skill doesn't really function at all, coz I'm leveling this skill till 20 level but the jab skill didn't even been cast on enemy. Some ppl can confirm with me I'm correct or not pls??
(I ain't got an iPad so i can't test myself and only tell what to look out for)

All melee traits like "Jab" do require(!) a certain amount of energy to execute randomly. Without enough energy to perform an enabled trait only a normal attack will be executed so best make sure that the energy bar of our unarmed character is full before engaging a monster.

Of course also make sure that your main hand is empty. Otherwise you are not doing an unarmed attack and "Jab" won't be able to trigger.
Well, my mp/energy is full, and both of my hand is empty but still I didn't see the jab appear. Btw Izzit possible to equip shield on my right hand if I'm using unarmed combat?
Mr_fantastic

Post by Mr_fantastic »

doomowl wrote: Well, my mp/energy is full, and both of my hand is empty but still I didn't see the jab appear.
does the "special attack" jab have an energy cost if it does u might not have enough energy on your character for instance if the jab attack costs 35 energy and your character has a max energy pool of 30 it might never cast until you bring your max energy up to the cost of the special attack
doomowl

Post by doomowl »

Mr_fantastic wrote:
doomowl wrote: Well, my mp/energy is full, and both of my hand is empty but still I didn't see the jab appear.
does the "special attack" jab have an energy cost if it does u might not have enough energy on your character for instance if the jab attack costs 35 energy and your character has a max energy pool of 30 it might never cast until you bring your max energy up to the cost of the special attack
Hmm well my energy is 59, and now I'm level 25 unarmed combat but the level 23 kick also not function at all, guess it's a bug for whole skill
Mr_fantastic

Post by Mr_fantastic »

i doubt u need that much energy to perform a skill so i am adding it to the bug list
monkfish

Post by monkfish »

If I remember correctly from the OS-X version of Grimrock, enchanted arrows lost the enchantment when hitting an enemy. This is not the case with the iPad version. Maybe this is intentional, maybe it's a bug.
Mr_fantastic

Post by Mr_fantastic »

monkfish wrote:If I remember correctly from the OS-X version of Grimrock, enchanted arrows lost the enchantment when hitting an enemy. This is not the case with the iPad version. Maybe this is intentional, maybe it's a bug.
im pretty sure enchanted arrows are meant to lose their enchant affect when they hit an enemy

adding it to the list.