Question about the timer.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
trancelistic

Question about the timer.

Post by trancelistic »

Hey. Its LoG not Log 2.
I have a question about the timer.
I've activated a timer via a hidden_pressure_plate,
-
that timer exec a script.
The script has a function ofcourse, and before that I tell the script that the timer has a value. like "step = 1"
Then the script follow simply like: if step == 1 then.... DO THAT ()
elseif step ==2 then DO that..
etc etc.. ( up to 30 step(s))
it works etc. But if the player fails, the player is teleported back to the begin ( on a hidden presure plate, who will deactive the timer ( So i think the timer will reset to step 1 tehwn walk forword to another hidden plate who activates the timer again) But it won't. It will continue where it left off. I even made a pressure plate before to tell the timer its on value(1) but it will continue where the timer was....{ e.g on value 5 depends when the player failed on what time_tick} )
( so.. basicly. first stepping on a trigger.. activates a timer. to a script, telling what each tick is. If 1 tick fails, the party is teleported back, who triggers the timer to : deactivate() but stepping again ( to reset the puzzle) so enable the timer again. That timer remembers its step. ( it had e.g value 5, the party failed.. start the script again via the timer, but the timer or script(?) doesn't start at 'timetick =1 , it starts at e.g timetick =5 "
kinda. It remembers where it was...

-- Like a player failed the puzzle while timer was on step 5.. The player will deactivate the timer linked to a script. But walking on the trigger ( like a presure plate) to activate the timer again) ... the timer will remember it was on step 5. It will not go to step 1.... or 0.. or .. 3 whatever. The timer rememberes where it was. Even If i clearly deactivate the timer if a player fails a puzzle ( kinda reset all together, but the timer wont, the rest does reset.)

do I make any sense here?... I can't reset the timer after a fail, shortsaid. How to do this?