It's a ctrap! (v1.4)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Granamir

Re: It's a ctrap! (v1.4)

Post by Granamir »

1) Yup
2) Sure, u can find first crystal in catacombs. Before that monsters are not too strong and u can use potions.
3) Thank you. Btw i cannot reproduce that bug. Can u be more specific? Where precisely happens? What was u doing? Is easy to reproduce that bug to you? ...or do u mean that half second issue that u can see going up from ocean, when underwater disappear and ocean surface then appear? In that case nothing can be done since in game "ocean surface" and "underwater surface" are 2 distinct objects that show graphic issue if used simultaneously, so i decided to show them one per time and this cause that small time u can see ocean bottom like there is no water.
4) nope u can find first acquatic weapons
SpoilerShow
killing those 3 ratlings near campfire, in same level
and with them u can kill zarchton to acquire harpoon
LeftIsTheRightTurn

Post by LeftIsTheRightTurn »

Granamir wrote: 3) Thank you. Btw i cannot reproduce that bug. Can u be more specific? Where precisely happens? What was u doing? Is easy to reproduce that bug to you? ...or do u mean that half second issue that u can see going up from ocean, when underwater disappear and ocean surface then appear? In that case nothing can be done since in game "ocean surface" and "underwater surface" are 2 distinct objects that show graphic issue if used simultaneously, so i decided to show them one per time and this cause that small time u can see ocean bottom like there is no water.
Apparently for me that half second becomes eternity: sometimes when coming out of the ocean, the whole water disappears and doesn't show up until I take another swim in the ocean
Granamir wrote: 4) nope u can find first acquatic weapons
SpoilerShow
Well, all that time I thought that only Harpoon is an aquatic weapon

New issues:

A] Cathedral is somewhat way to hard. For me it ways a hardship a no fun, until
SpoilerShow
I've figured out to go to the tunnel on the right side of the map a kill one by one those summoning double sworded assholes, using the stairs as a safe heaven.
Especially that my archer had only one quarrel and one arrow at this point and I didn't invest enough in fire magic to use that red ball [to cast the free fireballs]

B] Transition to the arena fight: WTF??? Was I suppose to enjoy this? First you give such well crafted areas with new ideas and stunning modding, and then you brake the fantasy mood by
SpoilerShow
this insertion of some Mario Bros [or whatever that was] piece of unnecessary intermission
C] In the arena the double sworded assholes summons zombies when his not suppose to- before he is released from his cage

D] There is way too much food. After the arena I almost couldn't care whole of it [while having a minotaur in a party]

E] Arena was entertaining. But quite easy [even on hard difficulty and missing most of the secrets]. It also gave
SpoilerShow
to much of everything, especially powerful amulets
F] You should put an info for the player to advise to play with two spellcasters. Because there is no way that one can excel in every four kinds of magic and thus being able to see / act all the new spells

G] Am I right, that stuff on swamp
SpoilerShow
[after the arena] drawns if left on a tile?
H] During the
SpoilerShow
descent to the volcano
, I could hit
SpoilerShow
pile of rocks and turn them to stone golems. But these golems wouldn't move / attack me [the normal golems would]
I] I'm in the volcano. I die of
SpoilerShow
quickened starvation in a hole
. What am I suppose to do?
Lightangels

Post by Lightangels »

Hello, is it possible to play it in normal difficulty, With ONE character (Toorum) Or really impossible ?
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

Lightangels wrote:Hello, is it possible to play it in normal difficulty, With ONE character (Toorum) Or really impossible ?
Hi,
reallly don't know, even if toorum is accessible. I never used toorum so don't know how it works, btw using a single char may be challenging, U certainly can try and abandone it if too hard.
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

LeftIsTheRightTurn wrote:
Granamir wrote: 3) Thank you. Btw i cannot reproduce that bug. Can u be more specific? Where precisely happens? What was u doing? Is easy to reproduce that bug to you? ...or do u mean that half second issue that u can see going up from ocean, when underwater disappear and ocean surface then appear? In that case nothing can be done since in game "ocean surface" and "underwater surface" are 2 distinct objects that show graphic issue if used simultaneously, so i decided to show them one per time and this cause that small time u can see ocean bottom like there is no water.
Apparently for me that half second becomes eternity: sometimes when coming out of the ocean, the whole water disappears and doesn't show up until I take another swim in the ocean
Granamir wrote: 4) nope u can find first acquatic weapons
SpoilerShow
Well, all that time I thought that only Harpoon is an aquatic weapon

New issues:

A] Cathedral is somewhat way to hard. For me it ways a hardship a no fun, until
SpoilerShow
I've figured out to go to the tunnel on the right side of the map a kill one by one those summoning double sworded assholes, using the stairs as a safe heaven.
Especially that my archer had only one quarrel and one arrow at this point and I didn't invest enough in fire magic to use that red ball [to cast the free fireballs]

B] Transition to the arena fight: WTF??? Was I suppose to enjoy this? First you give such well crafted areas with new ideas and stunning modding, and then you brake the fantasy mood by
SpoilerShow
this insertion of some Mario Bros [or whatever that was] piece of unnecessary intermission
C] In the arena the double sworded assholes summons zombies when his not suppose to- before he is released from his cage

D] There is way too much food. After the arena I almost couldn't care whole of it [while having a minotaur in a party]

E] Arena was entertaining. But quite easy [even on hard difficulty and missing most of the secrets]. It also gave
SpoilerShow
to much of everything, especially powerful amulets
F] You should put an info for the player to advise to play with two spellcasters. Because there is no way that one can excel in every four kinds of magic and thus being able to see / act all the new spells

G] Am I right, that stuff on swamp
SpoilerShow
[after the arena] drawns if left on a tile?
H] During the
SpoilerShow
descent to the volcano
, I could hit
SpoilerShow
pile of rocks and turn them to stone golems. But these golems wouldn't move / attack me [the normal golems would]
I] I'm in the volcano. I die of
SpoilerShow
quickened starvation in a hole
. What am I suppose to do?

I'v tryed everything to reproduce that bug, with no luck.
So i'm sorry to tell u that seems nothing can be done.

New Issue:
a) sorry to hear u found all those commanders, spawning is random, and usually crap undead were spawned.
b) sorry to hear u took so bad that interlude, btw it's somehow related to story (
SpoilerShow
your head hit
), is simple, give some relax
SpoilerShow
in between 2 hard fights
and is a cammmeo for those used to play videogames at old good times: it's a masterpiece of old games.
SpoilerShow
Pengo is the name.
c) sorry to inform u that his behavior is intended
SpoilerShow
like it was in cathedral
d) "better more than less", since starvation is not one of my guals in game
e) thank you, i thought it was very hard
SpoilerShow
that's why i stopped wizard creating endless mirror images
; for ìtems i don't like finding item on the ground with no reason for that i thought putting items in arena was a good idea, like if that were weapons left from old fighters.
f) thank you for your curiosity, btw u reallly need to focus on
SpoilerShow
water school as u ca see from scrolls from 1st wizard
, other spells are for those that have their own gaming stile, to not make game too linear.
g) u'r right
SpoilerShow
they drawns if tile is coming back up
h) yes that would show golems far from volcano are sleepy... maybe with not a good result, sorry
i) don't go in there...hope u have a previous saved position
Orace

Post by Orace »

Hi, ( o per meglio dire "ciao", ma parlerò in inglese per farmi capire anche dagli altri ;) ) .

I know 2 years have passed but i hope you still read comments about your mod (my fault, i discovered this site too late...).

It's very good and very funny, expecially the intro :D :D and i accepted the challenge to discover all the cameos inside it :twisted: , these are the ones i found until now:

Impossible mission (the old pc game, not the movie :) ) -> "stay awhile, stay forever"
Frankenstein junior -> the quote about "castle and wolves", i dont' remember in english :D :D
Star wars -> too many...:D
Masters of the universe -> ehm "skeletor"? :mrgreen:
Indiana Jones -> the trapped water passage and the quote :)
Lord of the rings -> a Ogre saying Gollum quotes, scary... :shock:
Mario Bross -> the above sky plane? The chime i mean
Space Balls -> "Use the schwartz!" :lol: :lol:
Ghostbusters -> "we came, we saw, we kicked XXX" :D

Now the bad part...i just finished the colosseo part and something goes wrong with the game, it's a sudden error, maybe a timer calling a function, i dunno. I have no time to run and exit the zone, the crash strikes me even if i stay still and do nothing (the enemies are all dead).
Here is the message i receive:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mod_assets/scripts/colosseo.lua:99: attempt to index global 'wizard_3' (a nil vaule)
stack traceback:
mod_assets/scripts/colosseo.lua:99: in function
<mod_assets/scripts/colosseo.lua:98>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I typed all by hand, i hope everything is correct.

Please if you still read this, or if any other player knows a solution, tell me what to do :( i want to continue it!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have a GOG version 2.2.4 of Grimrock 2, and i have medium resolution settings.
Orace

Post by Orace »

I think he lost interest in the game, his last visit was about 2 years ago...

Another good custom dungeon to abandon...:cry:
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

Hi Orace,
u'r lucky i set to receive message on e-mail when i receive pm here...but it was in spam folder.

Thank you very much for your words, i'm happy u like my work and also that u found so many cammeos.

Now to the problem.
Wizard is last mob in the colosseo, and he creates some mirror images.
I read my colosseo.lua file and i only find a call to wizard_3. It is for disabling mirroring of the wizard, otherwise he continue indefinitely.
Back to possible solution, as far as i can immagine u'r too good in fighting and killed my wizard more fast than i imagined. So i suggest to let him create all mirror images, and than kill him.
Other possible solution, u kill wizard very slowly, more than 2 minutes, and so he call that function (that i wrote bad, forgot to verify existence of wizard_3). I don't know if this second solution works, maybe timer still continue after killing wizard.
Sorry i can't try just now nor can i give u some code since u cannot use codes, as far as i know, during game. (but if u want to try, try using: << spawn("wizard", 9, 22, 16, 0, 0, "wizard_3") >> or some other number if spawned wizard is not visible or reachable).
I would help u more but in 2 years i forgot almos all about my dungeon and about lua :-P
Sorry.
Hope u can continue my dungeon till the end.
Good luck. Bye
Orace

Post by Orace »

Hi Granamir, i was lucky after all :D, i didn't know if a pm could have been delivered directly to your e-mail! :) , i'll be a good boy and i'll keep it short :lol:

First of all thank you for your answer, i really appreciated you answered me, i thought you lost interest in this game since two years have passed.

I admit that i always use the same party for each custom dungeon i play, the same party that killed the final boss in main story (at that time, level 14). After so many dungeons played they are now level 21(eh yes, i played really a lot of them, no tricks :) ), so the wizard in the colosseum was killed very easily. Maybe the problem was that, after i killed him, his shadows continued to stay and attack me...that was the only strange thing i noticed, they should have died along with him, am i right? (after him i also killed them of course :twisted: )

Ok, in the meantime i'll try the consolle command you suggest, i was just wondering if it's possible to stop the lua script someway before activation.

Well Granamir, thanks a lot again for your help, i really appreciated, and many compliments for your work!

Bye
Orace

p.s. grazie mille, se riuscirò a finirlo mi dovrai dire se ho beccato tutti i cameo! ;)
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi Granamir. Very interesting mod. Some problems:
a) the old and bothering LOG2 problem - lagging at outside areas. Coud it be possible to improve frame rate?
b) casting Shy Hulud spell makes the game crash to desktop. Here is the log:
=== Software Failure ===
[string "Champion.lua"]:0: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
[string "Champion.lua"]: in function 'addTrait'
[string "Champion.lua"]: in function 'castSpell'
[string "RunePanel.lua"]: in function 'updatePanel'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Gui.lua"]: in function 'draw'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

c) water breathing spell effect is very short. Clearing the shipwreck took me ages. Please extend it in a next version.
I will go ahead and give you a new feed back when stuck and need some hint. Of course you got my endorsement. Nice job.