It's a ctrap! (v1.4)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Dr.Disaster

Re: It's a ctrap! (v1.4)

Post by Dr.Disaster »

matuto wrote:a) the old and bothering LOG2 problem - lagging at outside areas. Coud it be possible to improve frame rate?
Depends. What are you running LoG2 on/at? (CPU/GPU/resolution/framerate)
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

@ Orace:
As far as i know, no, shadows after created are wizards without mirroring images ability. Nice idea to make disappear them at wizard death. If one day i'll make a next version of this dungeon i'll add this feature.
I don' remmeber all scripst i used but i think that lua script starts at the arrival of party in that map, so is not possible to disable it.

@ matuto:
don't know about frame rate but i guess it depends from game engine not from my mod...maybe Dr.Disaster can help you.
thanks for this report i'll keep in mind .
Tht spell was ment to last not for long time u need to clear shipwreck, u can put off and on the sphere to cast the spell again from beginning, even underwater.
Orace

Post by Orace »

Hi again, the command worked, a new wizard spawned ( and i left him inside colosseum unhurt :D ) and the crash didn't occurr! XD so i was able to reach the end.

The bad thing was that i missed a lot of stages! Shipwreck, study, etc.. I just understood it near the end, a message adviced me....Well someday i'll play it again!!

Epilogue:
this is the final list of cammeos, i'll update it as soon as i'll start a new game (and maybe next time i'll play it in italian to fully enjoy the quotes XD ).
SpoilerShow
Impossible mission (the old pc game, not the movie :) ) -> "stay awhile, stay forever"
Frankenstein junior -> the quote about "castle and wolves", i dont' remember in english :D :D
Star wars -> too many...:D
Masters of the universe -> ehm "skeletor"? :mrgreen:
Indiana Jones -> the trapped water passage and the quote :)
Lord of the rings -> a Ogre saying Gollum quotes, scary... :shock:
Mario Bross -> the above sky plane? The chime i mean
Space Balls -> "Use the schwartz!" :lol: :lol:
Ghostbusters -> "we came, we saw, we kicked XXX" :D
Jaws -> a theme in swamp stage
Vai avanti tu che a me vien da ridere -> Italian movie with Lino Banfi (same quote as movie title)
Star Trek TOS-> ending them and quote referring to 5 years mission (the images are "Uchū senkan Yamato", "Mirai shōnen Konan", "The never-ending story", "Tenkū no shiro Rapyuta")
Thanks again Granamir, it was really funny
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi Granamir, thank you. Well, stuck. How to pick up, climb up to or grab the flying ship ? Or how to board it ? You've forgot about the spell that makes the game crash. No other bugs until now. About the water breathing spell it didn't occur to me that while underwater it would be possible to use the orb to recast it. In Log 2 normally it ins't (no weapons or magic work underwater). A hint or information in the read it would help.
By the way I'm also stuck in Exellion but no help until now in the forum. Do you know how to deactivate the water breathing ? I must get drown there and it seems that in Exellion its effect is permanent. Thanks in advance.
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

Hi,

@ Orace
nice to know that it worked, and that i don't forgot Lua afterall.

If i'm not wrong (after so long time i forgot a lot) when u read that message is just before u step into a no way back passage, so if u have a save u can play only stages u missed.

Nice cammeo hunt (even better than i remembered, i forgot about Mario Bross :-P)

My pleasure is your fun.

@ matuto
that ship is your way out of the island so is not ment to take, just graphic if u prefer (it was anticipation for episode 2 of the dungeon, that i'm not working on any more, sorry).

Sorry i forgot about the spell. It was a heal all or full heal all. Havent a solution to use it, just avoid using.

Don't know why the orb doesn't work for u. Have u enought energy to cast a spell? i've tried it and it works for me, even underwater. I know in log 2 no spells can be cast underwater, it was very hard to create that orb, and it's not like i imagined just a working "reduction". To deactivate water breathing effect just remove the orb, if it's what u meant (Exellion is not mine), if u want a code u can try this:
for i = 1, 4, 1 do
party.party:getChampion(i):removeCondition("water_breathing")
end

don't know if it works but is the command i use in orb to remove water breathing when u remove the orb.

Hope u find solution.

Bye
Granamir
matuto

Post by matuto »

Granamir, thank you so much. Well, so that's the end - no flying ship and more monsters, no final boss, quite frustrating. Anyway great mod. Please think about episode 2. Talking of the orb I didn't say that it doesn't work underwater. I have not even tried. Thanks a ton for the console hint (Exellion). In the example you used 1,4,1. Does it mean the 4 characters or shall I command one by one ? (hero 1 = 1,4,1 - hero 2 = 2,4,2 - and so on ? How to refer to each one of the four ? Thanks in advance.
Orace

Post by Orace »

Hi Granamir, I just want to know if italian version of your mod is complete: i'm at the cathedral, just inserted the key into lock and no wall opened (in english version a wall opened allowing access to 3rd floor).

Waiting for your reply :)
SpoilerShow
P.s. the treasure on the map really exist? :D maybe is it the ceremonial dagger in the temple?
Found new cameos:
- Mr. Wilson (obviously from "Castaway")
- Vigorsol (can't use it, the game crashes! :cry: )
- Dune (the shai ulud spell, shai ulud is the name the fremen gave to sandworms)
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

@ matuto
command to set unbreating water is: party.party:getChampion(1):removeCondition("water_breathing")
where u sees 1 it mens first row left character, if u put 2 it works for first row second character, and so on
command: for i = 1, 4, 1 do
party.party:getChampion(i):removeCondition("water_breathing")
end

is for entire party

Well i intended the boss as wiazard in colisseum, last fighter. I'll keep in mind that a "final" boss is needed at the end.

@Orace
yes my italian version is the same as english one, or it should be
sorry so much time passed i can't remember well. You mean the dagger key? the altar should move to reveal a "trap" to move on, if i remember well. Does the dagger is still charged? Can't imagine why it doesn't work, that's one of first thing i set up and not changed in further versions. Sorry.
SpoilerShow
Yes treasure does exist, even if i recently discovered that map could be non usefull due to moon position not like i intended. Btw treasure is near hole to crypt.
Ceremonial dagger have to be used, like a potion, in crypt last room to unlock a secret on next map, the one before cathedral. Sorry if dagger usage method is not clear.
About vigorsol bowl, someone can use it someon seem can't, don't know why. Do u have any wizard in party? does it have lvl 1 water and air spells? What does game tells when it crashes?

Thank for hunting so much cammeos. :-) I like it.
matuto

Post by matuto »

That's ok, Granamir. Very nice mod. Solved water breathing problem. Thanks. Referring to the final boss I guess you shoud be better replacing the many lava golems near the flying ship (which only make the player run) and the one (or two ? I don't remember) just before for some more "dramatic" monster (no one occurs to me among all in the game). Or simply let just one golem near the ship as the final boss with a final key and a closed and gorgeous door, for instance. Otherwise, like I did, the player just starts to run to the ship and all of a sudden ...THE END. Anyway, nice job. Everybody awaits your next mod. Please advise and best regards.
drdrake

Post by drdrake »

Hi, could someone give me a hint? I'm stuck at the start of the study, where there is a forcefield blocking the way. Am I supposed to be able to pass it?

In volcano, it says there is no turning back, so I think I am supposed to complete study first. Did I miss something important?

Thanks.