Need tips for Cemetary Crypt - Mausoleum Room

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
AncientToaster

Need tips for Cemetary Crypt - Mausoleum Room

Post by AncientToaster »

This room is proving to be a hefty challenge, bordering on frustration for me right now. The Trickster is in here and releases a bunch of Skeleton warriors and there are floating eye enemies who are INCREDIBLY annoying little buggers who paralyze my frontliners. Not only that, the Trickster is now throwing firebombs at me, which is bad.

So I've tried this room several times and I just cannot seem to figure out a good strategy without getting curbstomped.

My party is all level 10:

Insectoid Barb w/ Bane
Lizardman Barb w/ Bonesaber and Longsword
Lizardman Alch who uses FIremagic, Air Magic and Concentration
Minotaur Alch w/ Master alchemy and throwing weapons, Headhunter

My party has been fairly good, this is the first time I've truly been in dire straits. I'm running low on Bloodcap Mushrooms and only have about 10 healing potions for all 4 members of my party. I haven't lasted long enough to know how many enemies are really in this room but it feels like a ton.

Any tips?
Dr.Disaster

Re: Need tips for Cemetary Crypt - Mausoleum Room

Post by Dr.Disaster »

You should note that the Trickster stands on a pressure plate at the beginning. When he steps off that plate the walls/doors open and monsters pour into the room.

You can't prevent him from stepping off that plate but you can prevent him from opening all the walls.
SpoilerShow
Grab a rock, step into that room, strafe into a straight line-of-sight towards the Trickster and toss that rock at him. The rock will hit him and fall onto the pressure plate, preventing the walls/doors to open when he moves away.
Now dispatch the Trickster.

Next you have to release the pressure plate and fight the monsters. The skeletons here got beefed so they won't fall as fast as those you've encountered before. Yet there weak spot being lightning damage remains, so having lightning spells/bombs will help along with Forcefield.

My personal strat here is to rush ahead into the room behind the doors and fight the monsters there. If things get rough i retreat into the large lowered floor area there to regenerate before continuing the fight.
AncientToaster

Post by AncientToaster »

Nice strats, I'll try the rock method.
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

To stop the end boss from moving too fast out of range can force fields block him? Or does he phases through them?
THOM

Post by THOM »

You can block him! For more suggestions for the final fight have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7925
THOM formaly known as tschrage