[MOD] Castle of the Ancients

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Glew

Re: [MOD] Castle of the Ancients

Post by Glew »

goebelchx wrote:I also see no instruction on the steam workshop downloader page

Steam Workshop Downloader
It doesn't matter if you're 9 or 99, it doesn't get easier than this!
Enter the URL to an item in the Steam Workshop: [a window for entry is shown]
This site was created at 145 BPM using rainbow energy and coke.
Not that it's my business, but maybe if you have so many problems with that thing, why not register at nexusmods? You have registered here on the forums. It doesn't take anything more than that to register there either. And you would also have access to lots of other mods to other games too. Just saying.

edit: btw, there is some custom downloading client at nexusmods, but you don't have to have that installed. You can manually download the mods too, that's how I do it too.
goebelchx

Post by goebelchx »

I gave up with greasemonkey and its scripts. Nothing seemed to work. I have since gotten the modded dungeons through a Steam account, and this seems to work just fine.

For folks that have active games in more than one dungeon, I suggest creating separate save directories named for that dungeon. Be sure to move your save games to the appropriate save directory before beginning a game in a new dungeon mod, in order to keep from losing your saved games.
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

Also annoying. If you want to import your party from a previous dungeon save, you still need the dungeon.dat of it.