How do I get to Barren Desert

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
mcolton

Re: How do I get to Barren Desert

Post by mcolton »

ok. It is in the Ceremonial Chamber. I haven't been able to pass the teleporter puzzle to get there.
SpoilerShow
I've fired the serpent staff and opened the door. I threw a rock onto the pressure plate and that opened the door. I can't get past that
Phillip_Lynx

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Wich one is the ceremonial chamber? Could you post an image?

The one with the fireball?
SpoilerShow
The you have to open the door with the staff and press the little button beside the grate where the fireball hits
Or the on with the hoping teleporter?
SpoilerShow
Then you must step into the teleporter on you side. You will be teleported to the actual position of the moving one. From there shoot open the door press the plate. The grate to the powergem shpould open. In an other teleporterjup, jump to the place before the grate and go to the gem and continue from there
mcolton

Post by mcolton »

SpoilerShow
The grate to the power is open. Now what. If I go into the teleporter on the south side, it transports me to the north side. But all the pits are open and I can't get to the power gem and further. The moving teleporter on the north side moves me back to the south side. When I fail, I fall into the pit and I get a message in the upper left hand corner "ignoring teleportation, party falling to level below"
What do you mean by "jump to the place before the grate".
Dematto

Post by Dematto »

SpoilerShow
The two teleporters are connected. When you step into the one, you're teleported to the other. There are, I believe, 2 safe points that you can teleport to. One is when the teleporter is over the place in front of the power gem. The other is in that alcove to the right, where the teleporter kinda "disappears" to before beginning the cycle again.

Stand adjacent to the teleporter on your side, and watch where the other one goes. When you know the other teleporter is going to move to a safe spot, step in. You've gotta get your timing right. "Jump to the place before the grate" means step in to your teleporter right before the other one moves over the space you want to land on. The teleporter moves kinda fast, so if you wait until it's over the place you want it to be before you move in to your portal, you'll miss and wind up in the pit.
mcolton

Post by mcolton »

I've tried that over 50 times. When I fail, I fall into the pit and I get a message in the upper left hand corner "ignoring teleportation, party falling to level below".
I think that means I am carrying too much weight. I dumped a lot of weight and it still fails.
I even tried using a cheat engine to slow the game down.
I've moved on to a different area but I'll try again some time
Thanks for the help
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

mcolton wrote:
SpoilerShow
I've fired the serpent staff and opened the door. I threw a rock onto the pressure plate and that opened the door. I can't get past that
If you were able to do this i frankly fail to see your problem. There are two save spots you can reach with the teleporter. You obvisously made it to one of them - prolly the one to the right - since you managed to open the doors. Now you only need to repeat this with the left spot.
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

If I were you, I would just go on youtube and watch someone do it. You are misunderstanding something that is likely very simple. If you watch someone do it, I'm pretty sure a facepalm will ensue.
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
mcolton

Post by mcolton »

I got through. Thanks