Cemetary Gate with stone

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
djoldgames

Re: Cemetary Gate with stone

Post by djoldgames »

ForboJack wrote:
SpoilerShow
At first you need the 3 letters from the archives.
Everything starting and ending with a "~" is a movement, after everyone reset. The order of the letters is defined by the start of each one (He began = 1, Then = 2, Finally = 3).
1. A little to the north of the puzzle is a graveyard stone that says there is a tundra in the north. So first north.
2. Sunset west? logic.
3. Here I had to guess. No Idea if this is a bad riddle, but I couldn't find any information within the game about a desert. Since it was the only one left it's 4 tries max. It's south btw.
4. Northstar = North.
5. He followed the patch and last was north, so north again.
I think, this riddle is based on the official map for first Grimrock (Map of the Northern Realms), and if the center is Mount Grimrock, then tundra (Endless Tundra) is to the North and desert (Xafi Desert) is to the South.
barry921

Post by barry921 »

Thanks everyone just in case someone has this problem it's the gate is the east north-west-south-north and north again
ForboJack

Post by ForboJack »

djoldgames wrote:
ForboJack wrote:
SpoilerShow
At first you need the 3 letters from the archives.
Everything starting and ending with a "~" is a movement, after everyone reset. The order of the letters is defined by the start of each one (He began = 1, Then = 2, Finally = 3).
1. A little to the north of the puzzle is a graveyard stone that says there is a tundra in the north. So first north.
2. Sunset west? logic.
3. Here I had to guess. No Idea if this is a bad riddle, but I couldn't find any information within the game about a desert. Since it was the only one left it's 4 tries max. It's south btw.
4. Northstar = North.
5. He followed the patch and last was north, so north again.
I think, this riddle is based on the official map for first Grimrock (Map of the Northern Realms), and if the center is Mount Grimrock, then tundra (Endless Tundra) is to the North and desert (Xafi Desert) is to the South.
The it would be nice if there was such a map within the game.
eNTi

Post by eNTi »

this is really hard to figure out... i mean for an additional side quest or secret it would be okay-ish... it's still pretty far fetched. but iirc you need to go into the cemetery? don't really know at this point. i doubt many will figure this out by themselves. i came as far as to use the letters from the archives... but some of the directions seem just arbitrary. especially the desert.

don't get me wrong. i love tough puzzles and i really like the game so far. but this one is just silly. now that i know the answers i'm not even feeling bad for looking it up... actually i feel bad for spending so much time trying to figure it out by myself.