Final Boss

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
tantalan

Final Boss

Post by tantalan »

SpoilerShow
Guys i killed Lindworm and ended the game. But i have four crystals left and i read here there is a possible fight with island master. Where is he, or what should i do to get him? There is some portal in first floor but i dont have the key to open it.
THOM

Re: Final Boss

Post by THOM »

Go and leave the Castle. You will meet someone, who will show you the right direction...
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by tantalan »

Thanks, I found it on youtube as well. When i saw the fight i couldnt beleive my eyes. I depleated already all bombs and resurrection crystals on lindwurm. I still have some healing potions but i think i will not win this battle :-)
THOM

Post by THOM »

me, too

but the trickster has weak points - he is impatient and then you can hit him in the back...

EDIT: and still try to save your potions...
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by tantalan »

And another question, where can I make the fifth element from crystals? In trickster lair i havent found any place to make it.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Solution:
SpoilerShow
Stand in the middle of the four statues in front of Castle Nex after placing the four elemental essences, and cast a spell with only the Balance (center) rune selected.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
rumpelstilskin

Post by rumpelstilskin »

I think it's a bit disappointing that you pretty much rely on his mercy in not restoring the shield once it's down if he's too busy fighting you, as that costs him nothing (apparently), and he could win the fight with the shield alone (although
SpoilerShow
the fact that he *wants* you replace him kind of explains it; it also means that the Island Master job sucks so hard that he'd rather die
).
It would have been nice to have a trick to this fight, like having dispel do some actual dispelling and drop his shield, or make him unable to create clones/shields if you remove the orb. I figured that you can rest in a secluded enough corner, but that doesn't help all that much since you still have to tank him to drop his shields.
kamamura

Post by kamamura »

rumpelstilskin wrote:I think it's a bit disappointing that you pretty much rely on his mercy in not restoring the shield once it's down if he's too busy fighting you, as that costs him nothing (apparently), and he could win the fight with the shield alone (although
SpoilerShow
the fact that he *wants* you replace him kind of explains it; it also means that the Island Master job sucks so hard that he'd rather die
).
It would have been nice to have a trick to this fight, like having dispel do some actual dispelling and drop his shield, or make him unable to create clones/shields if you remove the orb. I figured that you can rest in a secluded enough corner, but that doesn't help all that much since you still have to tank him to drop his shields.
You also rely on him to move around like an idiot instead just coming to you and pound you to tiny bits. If he just made the clones in the beginning, and all of them zoomed on you like other monsters do, there would be no way you could survive. He is faster, stronger, with infinite energy, and most of the time, invulnerable.

Totally over the top, badly designed and disappointing ending.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

kamamura wrote:
rumpelstilskin wrote:I think it's a bit disappointing that you pretty much rely on his mercy in not restoring the shield once it's down if he's too busy fighting you, as that costs him nothing (apparently), and he could win the fight with the shield alone (although
SpoilerShow
).
You also rely on him to move around like an idiot instead just coming to you and pound you to tiny bits. If he just made the clones in the beginning, and all of them zoomed on you like other monsters do, there would be no way you could survive. He is faster, stronger, with infinite energy, and most of the time, invulnerable.

Brain and patience win this fight, not brawn.
rumpelstilskin

Post by rumpelstilskin »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
kamamura wrote:
SpoilerShow
).

Brain and patience win this fight, not brawn.
Well, that's the problem, I think it's not just "brawn", but more brawn than most other fights, since you can't trick, kite, or snipe him - you pretty much have to attack him with all you have to drop his shields (I don't think there's any other way - and I tried quite a few), and then keep attacking before he semi-randomly decides to restore them, which apparently he could do almost instantly at any moment.