[MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Drakkan

Re: [MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3h

Post by Drakkan »

Nathaniel wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Nathaniel wrote:I've always understood windowed modes to be more costly performance-wise than fullscreen...
Don't try to understand it, please...
I play in windowed mode and forcibly switched to 4:3 not because I don't have a very powerful computer, but because of the inherent problems with vision difficult for me to play on the big screen. Movies look - yes, but I'm sitting at a meter from the monitor. And while the game doesn't work so far to sit.

Don't put the conversation in a different direction, please! ;)

Tell me please, what determines the loss of artifacts from dead enemies? I just played for the first time and I have almost all the enemies poured ice crystals, hearts of stone and fire crystals. But as soon as I began to re-pass - nothing fell out. I could not even for a second time to finish the quest to find three components for a witch Elune because I could not find a single stone of the heart...
Trophy hunter skill
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Drakkan wrote:Trophy hunter skill...
Well... then I understand why I have this profile didn't drop things. And does it matter what anyone learn this skill? For example it can examine Mortimer? And if I remember correctly I added in the first profile only one point in this skill for Ascalon. If I can learn a skill completely, giving it five points whether often come across things?..

-----
Well! :) :)
On the third attempt in the third profile I managed to get the game to the bitter end! I express my gratitude to the author of the addon for such an interesting and exciting story! I haven't regretted never that had to try to pass as many as three times. And most likely I'll go through the game again later...

What I liked...
SpoilerShow
1. New skills. That's just, I don't quite understand. Is it the same Ascalon develop the "ability to light weapons", and given the right to study axes paladin?
2. An exciting music! Really liked the music in the Conwill forest and in the Outpost.
3. Unusual kinds of familiar enemies. Soldiers-ghosts, necromancers-goromorg and witches on a frozen lake. Recent screaming very frightened, I really was not myself for the first time.
4. Some of the puzzles. Especially the colored and weight puzzles.
5. Invisible leprechaun. This is awesome! Once again, I was happy with my passion of earth magic. Thanks to this magic of it somehow be seen! :D :D
6. Firearms. For the first time in the history of the game I liked guns and ran with the most powerful Mortimer's gun ( "The Grace") the entire game since the discovery of the gun.
7. Especially liked the absolutely unique in my opinion the system of studying spells and identification of objects. In the original game I usually don't caste a spell as long until I find a scroll for him but sometimes the desire to learn powerful spells and hit dangerous enemies.
That was not pleasant...
SpoilerShow
1. To some extent some of the heaviest hardcore quest battles. For example in the dungeon under the frozen lake with three leprechauns and the near-final with fire elementals in the tower.
2. A small slowdown in the pyramid of Atlantis. I already wrote about this above.
My statistic in game before final fight...
SpoilerShow
But I don't quite understood what kind of statue? I tried to give it to her Ascalon's rapier and different subjects. Nothing happens. Or is it just an element of decoration?
SpoilerShow
And yet it is not clear why the 55/59. Well, 56/59, taking into account the level of the last "The End". I missed somewhere levels or these levels not finished?
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Nathaniel wrote:
Drakkan wrote:Trophy hunter skill...
Well... then I understand why I have this profile didn't drop things. And does it matter what anyone learn this skill? For example it can examine Mortimer? And if I remember correctly I added in the first profile only one point in this skill for Ascalon. If I can learn a skill completely, giving it five points whether often come across things?..

-----
Well! :) :)
On the third attempt in the third profile I managed to get the game to the bitter end! I express my gratitude to the author of the addon for such an interesting and exciting story! I haven't regretted never that had to try to pass as many as three times. And most likely I'll go through the game again later...

What I liked...
SpoilerShow
1. New skills. That's just, I don't quite understand. Is it the same Ascalon develop the "ability to light weapons", and given the right to study axes paladin?
2. An exciting music! Really liked the music in the Conwill forest and in the Outpost.
3. Unusual kinds of familiar enemies. Soldiers-ghosts, necromancers-goromorg and witches on a frozen lake. Recent screaming very frightened, I really was not myself for the first time.
4. Some of the puzzles. Especially the colored and weight puzzles.
5. Invisible leprechaun. This is awesome! Once again, I was happy with my passion of earth magic. Thanks to this magic of it somehow be seen! :D :D
6. Firearms. For the first time in the history of the game I liked guns and ran with the most powerful Mortimer's gun ( "The Grace") the entire game since the discovery of the gun.
7. Especially liked the absolutely unique in my opinion the system of studying spells and identification of objects. In the original game I usually don't caste a spell as long until I find a scroll for him but sometimes the desire to learn powerful spells and hit dangerous enemies.
That was not pleasant...
SpoilerShow
1. To some extent some of the heaviest hardcore quest battles. For example in the dungeon under the frozen lake with three leprechauns and the near-final with fire elementals in the tower.
2. A small slowdown in the pyramid of Atlantis. I already wrote about this above.
My statistic in game before final fight...
SpoilerShow
But I don't quite understood what kind of statue? I tried to give it to her Ascalon's rapier and different subjects. Nothing happens. Or is it just an element of decoration?
SpoilerShow
And yet it is not clear why the 55/59. Well, 56/59, taking into account the level of the last "The End". I missed somewhere levels or these levels not finished?
Hi Nathaniel. Thanks for this report and your stats picture ! Gratz for finding all the secrets and finishing the game of course, that is quite astonishing progress !

Trophy Hunter - it is not "stacking" for more party members - so learn it only one member (idealy Mortimer).
The statue issue - it is meant to be decorative only, but I forget disable its connector for items, nice catch ! maybe I will correct it some day.

I am glad some battles are hardcore (especially the almost final one and non-mandatory Sleeper), thats ok for me :)
The level counter is correct, remaining levels are not accesible however (I planned adding it, but due to the memory issues it was abandoned (whole Nethelen Underground)
Eye of the Atlantis
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Drakkan wrote:that is quite astonishing progress!
Thanks! :)

Yeah! Finding all the secrets in the game - it's my favorite thing. I can spend a lot of time on this but I always try to find everything! That's what I liked "Legend of Grimrock" as a whole.

And I'm usually blind. I confess, I spied in videos on YouTube only two points:
1. I couldn't drive a huge golem to the central square and clamp it with the four sides of the cubes. I had to peek...
2. I couldn't find the another two golden keys at the ruins of Nethelen.
Drakkan wrote:...remaining levels are not accesible however (I planned adding it, but due to the memory issues it was abandoned (whole Nethelen Underground)
Well. Yes, I have found in this dungeon inscription about it.

Well, I'm glad that the work on the project is not abandoned and continues. If the work is really going on - it's wonderful! I'll play the new version with pleasure if it happens. I wish you good luck in the work on the project!
:) :) :)
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Lab5

Post by Lab5 »

Hello I am having a problem finding all three Crowern Figurines?
I have two and I have checked the following areas many times now.

You need three crowern figurines. You can find them -
The Outpost area (south-west part)
The Conwill forest (middle area, hidden near the wall where you can climb crossing the bridge)
The Swampy area (north-east part)

Any ideas on what I am missing would help.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Lab5 wrote:Hello I am having a problem finding all three Crowern Figurines?

The Conwill forest (middle area, hidden near the wall where you can climb crossing the bridge)
which one you are missing ? the statues are as described.
Eye of the Atlantis
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Hi guys! :)

I remembered another not very pleasant moment in the game...
SpoilerShow
In the Riverdale Marsh I gave the green hat for little mushroom and he ran to the place where the treasure is buried. I followed him. Happened typical game bug. If the player finds himself in the same square as the NPC happen so-called effect "telegraffed". In Steam for the appearance of this effect is given to the corresponding achievement. But here little mushroom died before reaching the goal... Maybe I'm too much carried away by the gameplay? However you may want to make this character not killed?
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Nathaniel wrote:Hi guys! :)

I remembered another not very pleasant moment in the game...
SpoilerShow
In the Riverdale Marsh I gave the green hat for little mushroom and he ran to the place where the treasure is buried. I followed him. Happened typical game bug. If the player finds himself in the same square as the NPC happen so-called effect "telegraffed". In Steam for the appearance of this effect is given to the corresponding achievement. But here little mushroom died before reaching the goal... Maybe I'm too much carried away by the gameplay? However you may want to make this character not killed?
this is actual part of Grimrock engine. Altough some script could maybe prevent this I am not sure if I want remove it. I also wonder HOW you did tele-kill the small herder as there is no teleport in the swamp I am aware of ? Otherwise this is just non-mandatory quest and if you kill herder-NPC, you will obviously fail accomplishing the quest .)
Eye of the Atlantis
minmay

Post by minmay »

to remove the possibility of the monster being telefragged you can just use MonsterComponent:setMonsterFlag("CantDie",true)
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Lab5

Post by Lab5 »

Drakkan wrote:
Lab5 wrote:Hello I am having a problem finding all three Crowern Figurines?

which one you are missing ? the statues are as described.
I am missing the Outpost area (south-west part) - I have restarted the game just to make sure. I have the other two and have checked and re-check the area.
I have not made it to the south-east part of this area - across the water.