Can I make a custom non-consumable key?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
KadoDragon

Can I make a custom non-consumable key?

Post by KadoDragon »

I'm making a sort of open world type adventure where the player can go anywhere on the surface map which is populated with underground dungeons that they can enter in any order. But I want to force the player to go into the first dungeon by having the world cut off by gates that are opened by one key found in the first dungeon which I want to call "Key to the World". It needs to be able to be used more than once rather than vanishing after use. Is there any way I can go about doing this?
Skuggasveinn

Re: Can I make a custom non-consumable key?

Post by Skuggasveinn »

There is a key in the game that doesn't vanish after use, its called
SpoilerShow
master_key (but spoiler tag since its a major item in the end game of LoG2)
But it is also is able to open up every lock there is, so ones the party has it, finding a key will never be an issue.

Its not until AH releases the scripting reference that we can see if we can clone the master_key and change it so that it only opens locks that it has been assigned to and still remain with the party.
Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
Xanathar

Re: Can I make a custom non-consumable key?

Post by Xanathar »

You likely can do it "the Log1 way".. which is let the key consume and respawn a new identical key on the mouse cursor.

Sadly we don't know yet (at least, I don't ;) ) how hooks work in Log2 and which methods are available, but I'm pretty sure the above will work.
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org