Creating a boss battle, and Trickster questions!

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
blueapocalyps3

Creating a boss battle, and Trickster questions!

Post by blueapocalyps3 »

Quick, hopefully easy questions!

1.) How would one create a boss battle. EXAMPLE - Turning a Magma Golem into a boss?

2.) How would one make the Trickster act how he does in the original game. (Activating levers, using keys, running away, etc.)

thanks!
SnowyOwl47

Re: Creating a boss battle, and Trickster questions!

Post by SnowyOwl47 »

1) To make a simple boss battle go to asset browser and find boss_fight place it wherever then put in your info and have a floor_trigger or something activate it.

Tip: :turn auto deactivate off if you want it to not auto activate which would mean a pressure plate or floor_trigger can start it.

2) No clue I'm still new myself...
blueapocalyps3

Post by blueapocalyps3 »

SnowyOwl47 wrote:1) To make a simple boss battle go to asset browser and find boss_fight place it wherever then put in your info and have a floor_trigger or something activate it.

Tip: :turn auto deactivate off if you want it to not auto activate which would mean a pressure plate or floor_trigger can start it.

2) No clue I'm still new myself...
The issue is.. how do I set the Boss to the enemy. Meaning how do I have the Health Bar display that enemies health?
blueapocalyps3

Post by blueapocalyps3 »

Anyone? D:
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

I put the boss fight icon on the map with floor trigger to activate it but no monster appears. I cannot see anything in the boos fight icon that says add monster or such, do you know what I am doing wrong thxs :)
blueapocalyps3

Post by blueapocalyps3 »

Mysterious wrote:I put the boss fight icon on the map with floor trigger to activate it but no monster appears. I cannot see anything in the boos fight icon that says add monster or such, do you know what I am doing wrong thxs :)
I think it requires a script or something.. it is strange since most of the editor has the connectors. I don't see why you can't just connect the "Boss Battle" to an existing Monster :/
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Yeah I thought that was the problem but monsters don't joing the boos fight icon by connectors, so I think scripting has to be done here thxs for the reply :)
blueapocalyps3

Post by blueapocalyps3 »

Mysterious wrote:Yeah I thought that was the problem but monsters don't joing the boos fight icon by connectors, so I think scripting has to be done here thxs for the reply :)
If you figure it out, please post the solution on this topic!
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Will do mate, ill wreck my brain trying lol. I did figure out how to spawn a monster on the map using lua script.
blueapocalyps3

Post by blueapocalyps3 »

Mysterious wrote:Will do mate, ill wreck my brain trying lol. I did figure out how to spawn a monster on the map using lua script.
Good, then you are way closer than I am haha.

I have plans for a "Custom Dungeon". But I will need to be able to make bosses. So I am kinda stuck here >.< I am stumped.