Combat

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Ichthyic

Combat

Post by Ichthyic »

OK, just bought this and started playing. was enjoying the blast to the past with much much nicer graphics... until my first serious combat (viperroots)

sorry, but what made the old square-box rpgs great was that they were turn-based. Likewise, this game needs at LEAST the option for turn based combat.

I'm old, and I just don't click that fast. expect me to sit there and draw a spell while some monster is pounding on me? senseless.

I just don't get it. this format was DESIGNED for turn based combat. why oh why isn't it even an option?

sad. guess I'll return it and get my money back.
smullyoz

Re: Combat

Post by smullyoz »

Yeah, turn based this aint.

I for one am glad that it is real time.

If i want turn based, ill play another game.

And since when is this SUPPOSED to be turn based? They can be both. This was obviously designed for real time, and it works great.

Next time do some research before spending money.
Sarumorpheus

Post by Sarumorpheus »

I'd suggest giving this game another try and keeping at it. It's extremely charming. Perhaps reduce the difficulty so that it is not as tricky.
2_hype

Post by 2_hype »

That boss is easy your characters got spanked because they were poorly made.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

sigh ...
Please not another of those useless turn-based debates. At least not here, it's bad enough when it happens on the Steam forums.
ron1n

Post by ron1n »

Ichthyic wrote:
I'm old, and I just don't click that fast. expect me to sit there and draw a spell while some monster is pounding on me? senseless.
Because you don't 'sit there' you move. Constantly.
smullyoz

Post by smullyoz »

Yeah but he's old. Why are these old farts buying this game, how hard is it to see that its real time and you do actually need some reflexes and quick thinking.
Belligero

Post by Belligero »

Learn how to actually play the game rather than complaining? If you can't take on an encounter like that early in the game, you won't make it very far in.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I suggest ignoring most of the above except for the suggestion of setting difficulty to easy. The puzzles and exploration is the same, just the monsters are easier/slower
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

Combat is more hectic this time around (for me that's a plus). The plant boss can be real though the first time you see it and will give you one helluva fight, but keep on moving and try to keep calm and keep focused, you'll figure him out eventually and will beat him.

As for turn based? No. this is NOT a turn based game, please stop asking for it. Instead I would say poke some other game devs about it maybe to make a grid game like this but with turn based in mind, maybe put up some suggestion on other forums and stuff. You never know, some indie dev might actually bite.
Last edited by spectre900 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.