Warning: "Only the Fearless May Pass", design bug?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Nyast

Warning: "Only the Fearless May Pass", design bug?

Post by Nyast »

Hey all,

Unless I'm mistaken and missed a button, be careful with the enigma "Only the Fearless May Pass" in the Crystal Mines.

The puzzle itself is quite easy to solve, but requires you to throw an item on a pressure plate to open a door. Behind this door there's a simple wooden corridor. If you take the item off the plate and get into the corridor, the door closes behind you and you're stuck in the corridor. I haven't found a way to re-open the door from the other side and it's not like the corridor is too long, so I doubt I've missed something. So, whatever you do, don't save in this corridor or you'll erase your save and might have to reload from an older point.

-Nyast
Dr.Disaster

Re: Warning: "Only the Fearless May Pass", design bug?

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Why would anyone want to pickup the item that keeps a door open while being on the other side of that door?
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Why would anyone want to pickup the item that keeps a door open while being on the other side of that door?
Greed :mrgreen:
petri

Post by petri »

Nyast wrote:The puzzle itself is quite easy to solve, but requires you to throw an item on a pressure plate to open a door. Behind this door there's a simple wooden corridor. If you take the item off the plate and get into the corridor, the door closes behind you and you're stuck in the corridor. I haven't found a way to re-open the door from the other side and it's not like the corridor is too long, so I doubt I've missed something. So, whatever you do, don't save in this corridor or you'll erase your save and might have to reload from an older point.
Hint: how do you escape from the cage at the start of the game?
SpoilerShow
You can drop an item on the plate through the bars of the door and ecape from the corridor.
Elmsfeuer

Post by Elmsfeuer »

So did I *ucked it up? :cry:

http://abload.de/img/2014-10-17_00001htplm.jpg

Or is there a way to reset the puzzle?

I jumped down when I saw the fireball... I wasn´t fearless enough :/
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

well it reads "Only the Fearless May Pass" .. seems failed to me
Nyast

Post by Nyast »

petri wrote:
SpoilerShow
You can drop an item on the plate through the bars of the door and ecape from the corridor.
Oh yeah that's very true, forgot about that one. So no problem there :)
eduran

Post by eduran »

Is there anything inside the passage behind the trap doors? Couldn't find anything except for
SpoilerShow
the pressure plate at the end. But stepping on it doesn't do anything.
Edit: Nvm, I figured it our. Leaving the area to do something else proved helpful.
Nura

Post by Nura »

eduran wrote:Is there anything inside the passage behind the trap doors? Couldn't find anything except for
SpoilerShow
the pressure plate at the end. But stepping on it doesn't do anything.
Edit: Nvm, I figured it our. Leaving the area to do something else proved helpful.
Care to elaborate?
SpoilerShow
I jumped down and grabbed the gold key but is there anything else? NVM :D
Chimera005ao

Post by Chimera005ao »

I did something like that around the puzzle with the spider and light. Pulled a lever and dashed through the door as it was closing. XP

Return to “Gameplay Hints”