* 13'ish levels/floors.
* Regular and new modified weapons.
* Lots of puzzles, secrets and challenges.
* A decent number of enemies to slay or avoid.
* Notes to find and read.
* Over 2 hours of gameplay.
* New lock mechanic for better immersion. (vanishing keys just kinda seems silly)
Awesome review by LocalFire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iet_m8U_NxI
(thanks very much for that review, helped me fix a few issues.)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =240315196 1.3.6 Final+
Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/367/? 1.3.6 Final+
Dropbox (direct download): https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvc5ex77kcqfj ... r1.3.5.rar (older)
Latest Version: 1.3.6+
* Made some performance fixes.
* Changed/fixed a certain puzzle to be more understandable.
* Reduced difficulty/frustration with the "moving pits floor".
* Tidied up some overlapping clutter and fixed the most major texture flickers.
* Some minor fixes and stuff to prevent getting stuck.
* Some minor changes to the starting area.
* Fixed some cosmetics and changed level names. (if you already run on 1.3.2 you don't really need this version as it is only cosmetic updates).
* Fixed a wall blocking a door.
* Bug fixes and new lock mechanics.
* Some changes to puzzles.
* New end-game areas to explore and rewards to get.
* Minor spelling and bug fixes on last levels.
* first release.
Key mod: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6469
Longer intro story that my friend helped me with.
A group of adventurers, having heard the tale, decided to head out into the dark mountains where the Dawn Tower was said to reside. After a long journey over dangerous peaks and perilous climbs, the adventurers made it to the tower, but found no entrance. They searched around for days, determined to find the way inside.
One night as they rested, the group was attacked. Dark figures moved through the shadows as they were knocked out one by one. When they awoke, they found themselves imprisoned in a cell. A grotesque, undead guard patrolled outside of the bars. Any form of communication with the creature was in vain. The creature paid them no heed, or perhaps it couldn’t.
Days passed as the group sat in their cell. This placed seemed to be filled with haunts and phantom horrors, strange occurrences and whispers emanating from within the walls, seemingly trying to drive the adventurers to madness. It would appear that this decrepit, damned cell would be their final resting place. Their corpses doomed to spend eternity here.
But just when it seemed any prospect of escape was lost, a slight shimmer of hope would appear to bring their spirits back from pits of despair. They would be given one chance to escape. One chance to grab hold of their own fates again and fight for their very lives…