The Lurker is back !

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
J. Trudel

The Lurker is back !

Post by J. Trudel »

Hey, guys !

I have been away for a long time. I'm sorry not to have given any news, I have been too busy with life happening so I had to take a break from modding and hanging around on the forums.

I'll try to get back to my old project asap but I had a lot of ideas in the meanwhile. One of my artist friends also told me he would help with some art for my project.

I'll do things on a smaller scale this time, last time I was almost programming cut-scenes ha ha ! I'll try to stay as close and true to Grimrock as possible with a few tweaks.

- A small town represented by still images that contains a tavern, a blacksmith, and a church. There you will be able to buy things, revive any dead characters, and get some quests. Dialogs will be old school and kept at a minimum, when you accept a quest it teleport you directly to the dungeon.

What I need :

- Learn how to show a full screen image
- Learn to do a dialog interface
- Learn how to hide the level # from the auto-map

What I want this mod to be ? Grimrock Infinitium, we could actually integrate all small dungeons 2 to 4 floor into this. So as the project is growing this would become a very big dungeon. To keep the file small, I suggest we use only the Original Grimrock assets, with a few monster tweaks and scripts but no new textures or anything.

What I'll do, a small Introduction dungeon of 2 or 3 floors. So the player can be in context why he got into the town.
The town in still images, 4 to 6 still images.

Anyone interested to help in the project ?
The Lurker
Neikun

Re: The Lurker is back !

Post by Neikun »

Welcome back, Lurker!
And good luck with your project.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!