[MOD] Orwak - Beta 1.0

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: [MOD] Orwak - Beta 1.0

Post by leewroy »

Currently exploring the begining of 2nd level. First one was sometimes tricky, but not really hard to go through. One thing I had to "skip" cheating, though.
SpoilerShow
the bag-teleporter puzzle. I´ve got the concept, but I had some hurry to solve it fast ;)
Yeah, the levels are huge! :mrgreen:
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

Be careful with the "cheating", it can totally break some scripts. As this is still a beta, I prefer that you ask me for help, I answer quickly in general (preferably in MP) to improve the mod where it gets stuck. Do not forget that I scripted the compass that gives some clues (it should however recover in a secret area at the beginning of level 1) ;)
SpoilerShow
he bag-teleporter puzzle
True, I can still improve it. The two buttons are not very clear I think

Otherwise, I think the names of the levels remained in French on the English version (but like, I need 2 hours to upload 250MB on Nexus, it will be on the next version). This is a very minor forgetting.
Orwak - MOD - Beta version 1.0
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

I see. I´ve got the idea...or I guess I´ve got the idea. but since it was taking some time to get the thing I cheated to teleport myself inside the place. It didn't cause any harm ;)

Next time I´ll check with you for clues, but in my opinion, this was the most hard puzzle so far.

Keep the good work! :mrgreen:

EDIT: well, after playing few minutes more, got stuck :o
SpoilerShow
it's on the second floor, a kind of square room with rotating teleporters. Found some secret buttons and opens the middle section with skeleton archers.
Problem is, I can't deacttivate the tleportes in the north and I can't close the pits to reah the two skeleton archers at the end. The two nearby buttons seems to do nothing in this case. I opened a section full of those small green creatures ans after press the button, raised the portcolius, but the plates are stil opened preventing to go further.
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

SpoilerShow
it's on the second floor, a kind of square room with rotating teleporters. Found some secret buttons and opens the middle section with skeleton archers.
Problem is, I can't deacttivate the tleportes in the north and I can't close the pits to reah the two skeleton archers at the end. The two nearby buttons seems to do nothing in this case. I opened a section full of those small green creatures ans after press the button, raised the portcolius, but the plates are stil opened preventing to go further.
=
SpoilerShow
The help of the compass is activated after falling three times in the first hole. The clue is: "I should try the other hole." After 5 times : "I should throwing something, no?" Maybe I should activate the clues otherwise than falling into the hole.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Very cool and very clever puzzle. ;)

Now, I went forward and got stuck again...
SpoilerShow
solved the puzzle about the eyes in the demon statue. By the way, you should get a look into that, dude. On my first atempt, the "key item" to solve this puzzle went through the wall, if you throw it. Thanks God I had a save few seconds before, lol.

So, my problem is, I gained access to the next room and solved the bolt puzzle. Also found the secret inside this room, but looks like I'm stuck there. Tried to re-do the bolt sequence but the door remains locked, preventing me to leave. Also, I assume we're suposed to find a key, since the nearby room needs one, but didn't find any :(
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

leewroy wrote:
SpoilerShow
So, my problem is, I gained access to the next room and solved the bolt puzzle. Also found the secret inside this room, but looks like I'm stuck there. Tried to re-do the bolt sequence but the door remains locked, preventing me to leave. Also, I assume we're suposed to find a key, since the nearby room needs one, but didn't find any :(
SpoilerShow
You are in the "Hall of Change"? No key needed. An indication: You have to leave something on the spot to get out.
On my first atempt, the "key item" to solve this puzzle went through the wall, if you throw it. Thanks God I had a save few seconds before, lol.

Thank you for spotting that. I corrected for the next version.

By the way, it is impossible for me to send my mod in steam workshop.
The "publishing" window remains blocked hours (program not responding). Or so he told me "not enough memory".
I'll open a new topic
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

SpoilerShow
By "spot" you mean the alcove or the middle pressure plate, as the clue in the game says? And if is the plate, do we have to to the bolt sequence again?
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

leewroy wrote:
SpoilerShow
By "spot" you mean the alcove or the middle pressure plate, as the clue in the game says? And if is the plate, do we have to to the bolt sequence again?
SpoilerShow
Ok sorry. I didn't understand exactly where you were.
Before, you have to resolve the puzzle. If you have again the plate and the bolt, you haven't resolve this puzzle, because otherwise the room would changed (hall of change). Bolt must hit the receptor.
The compass clue are :
- after 3 attempt: "There are many ways for the projectile to reach its target, but I should pick only one"
- and after 6: "I should try placing an item on the middle plate at the end"
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

SpoilerShow
Well, I solved the first part of the puzzle. The room changed, opened some space and revealed some creatures. I killed them all and found the secret, of the area (the thing with the torch) now the door where I came remain closed and I´m stuck.
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

leewroy wrote:
SpoilerShow
Well, I solved the first part of the puzzle. The room changed, opened some space and revealed some creatures. I killed them all and found the secret, of the area (the thing with the torch) now the door where I came remain closed and I´m stuck.
solution:
SpoilerShow
where you took the key, there are two stone pedestal against the wall, one that contained the key and facing an empty pedestal. You have to place an object, any in this pedestal (the one closest to the door) and it opens the door.
in fact I didn't put compass clue for the end of this puzzle: "open the door". It seemed obvious to me but I was wrong ^^ I will change it. I hope it's not a bug. :?