Mod published: Wine Merchant's Basement

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
mahric

Re: Mod published: Wine Merchant's Basement

Post by mahric »

Neikun wrote:
mahric wrote:
Neikun wrote:
SpoilerShow
When you fought the critters a bit before there were instructions on how to walk. They were on a scroll.
SpoilerShow
I'm following the scroll. It takes me to the secret button and then on step west. I can't go north as it instructs after that step.
I might be mistaking, but i think north is back in the general area you came from, not closer to your destination?
Please check your map to see what's north. (I can't atm, I'm at work)

Anyhow if there is a bug i'll fix it right away.
Please let me know.
Did you visit the Wine Merchant's Basement? And heard about the Awakening of Taarnab?
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Egad! You're right!
My internal compass seems to flip in the middle of the room for some reason.
Thanks!
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
mahric

Post by mahric »

Neikun wrote:Egad! You're right!
My internal compass seems to flip in the middle of the room for some reason.
Thanks!
Well, I don't think compass flipping should be an issue in the rest of the mod, so my guess is that you're safe (as long as you save often :) )
Please let me know when you're done (or ragequit) and what you thought of it. I welcome any and all feedback.
Did you visit the Wine Merchant's Basement? And heard about the Awakening of Taarnab?
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

Don't feel bad neikun, same thing happened to me. I checked the scroll, looked at the screen, looked back at the scroll, thought it was miswritten, till i opened the map and thought DUH!
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I really enjoy the faux cinematics your use. Blocking player movement and having things happen.
I would like during
SpoilerShow
the earthquake scene for the dust particle systems to include larger debris. When it happened, there was a moment when I did not understand why I was taking damage. If the particle system looked more like I was being hit by things, it would have been more obvious.
  • Message me to join in!
mahric

Post by mahric »

Neikun wrote:I really enjoy the faux cinematics your use. Blocking player movement and having things happen.
I would like during
SpoilerShow
the earthquake scene for the dust particle systems to include larger debris. When it happened, there was a moment when I did not understand why I was taking damage. If the particle system looked more like I was being hit by things, it would have been more obvious.
I'm uploading v1.10 as we speak with in which the effect you spoke about is more obvious.

Also more typo's fixed (thanks bazzietuk!) and minor changes to hints in some puzzles.
krapster2000

Post by krapster2000 »

Hi, can you tell me is it necessary to create characters? or Mod by itself have predefined characters?
mahric

Post by mahric »

krapster2000 wrote:Hi, can you tell me is it necessary to create characters? or Mod by itself have predefined characters?
The mod will overwrite any characters that you have definied; it will always start out with a single person of a fixed class and fixed stats.
However, a new game can't be started without making (or importing) your team, so you'll have to do that.
But you don't need to pay any attention to what you enter, it will be overwritten.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Oh no! He's asking me his true name and It's been a week since I've played! D:
Wild guess, here I go!
  • Message me to join in!
mahric

Post by mahric »

Neikun wrote:Oh no! He's asking me his true name and It's been a week since I've played! D:
Wild guess, here I go!
In previous version a wrong choice would mean instadead, but I guess that was too harsh...