Grimrock music legal department

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Henkie

Grimrock music legal department

Post by Henkie »

Hi,

My wife has a fairly populair blog: www.madeliefjuh.nl
She hearded the Grimrock soundtrack, which I got after the pre-order, and she loves it but she asks if I could put it on her blog as background music.
Before I do this I want to ask if I am allowed. Offcource I will put a banner on the website pointing to Grimrock to make sure people know where the music originated from.

Thanks in advance,

Henk
Henkie

Re: Grimrock music legal department

Post by Henkie »

Nvm.. no replies.. Ill tell her it isn't possible ;)
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Dude, it's weekend. Wait a couple of days. =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
DJK

Post by DJK »

Hmm don't think id ever ask someone to use a theme or something for a site that has nothing at all to do with the subject (in this case games) ... it's not like they will sue you or something for that.. it's not as it harms ANYONE to use it either ... (not that I think it fits the cakes/decoration site to begin with but that's personal choice :p)
GoreBee

Post by GoreBee »

BTW, some parts of soundtrack reminds me of Game of Thrones main theme music. Or am I mistaken?
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Henkie wrote:Before I do this I want to ask if I am allowed.
Apparently the answer is "probably not".
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
gambit37

Post by gambit37 »

I doubt this would be OK. The music is copyrighted and can't just be put on random blogs all over the place.
Also, as a web deisgner, I can tell you that background music on websites is generally seen as bad practice anyway. If you're going to do it, at least make sure people can turn it off. :)
Henkie

Post by Henkie »

I knew it would be a difficult issue, told that to my wife in advance. But I wanted to ask nevertheless. 9 days left to play the game :mrgreen: