Level 4 Mushrooms

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
BigCTM

Level 4 Mushrooms

Post by BigCTM »

Any tips on beating the 2 mushrooms at the beginning? I cannot even get close and do not see a way past them without beating them. I do not have any frost spells. That would be helpful here. Mostly a fighting group...
Jack Dandy

Re: Level 4 Mushrooms

Post by Jack Dandy »

Just.. don't stand next to them. Keep moving. That's it, really.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

Yup, that's pretty much what you need to do... always be on the move. If possible concentrate your efforts on one of them until he's dead. Outside of just "being on the move", though, try your best to get them to move into squares you can hit, rather than moving yourself into a square adjacent to them while they're standing still... If they're on the move to a square you can whack them and then move to be out of their range again.
BigCTM

Post by BigCTM »

Thanks for the feedback. This just makes me wish the game was turn based like Wizardry. I knew that going in though.
BigCTM

Post by BigCTM »

I just beat them. It was easy when you keep moving. Now on to these crazy puzzles!
Bek

Post by Bek »

In one of the previous levels there was a secret that gave an item with high poison resist. Usually all my party will die except the one with the item.