Blobber fan asking about how Legend of Grimrock was made...!

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Reverend Speed

Blobber fan asking about how Legend of Grimrock was made...!

Post by Reverend Speed »

I'm a newbie self-taught programmer with an interest in games like Grimrock - I think my first blobber was Eye of the Beholder on the Amiga!

I'm toying around with making my own blobber, and I was wondering if anybody knew if LoG was made with physics-based wall detection or if everything's fundamentally running on arrays or similar?

Please let me know if this isn't in the right section of the forum - I'll be happy to repost there! Also, hope nobody minds questions like these here!

--Rev
Komag

Re: Blobber fan asking about how Legend of Grimrock was made...!

Post by Komag »

Pretty sure it's not physics based, but based on tiles (coords, arrays)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Reverend Speed wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:15 am I'm a newbie self-taught programmer with an interest in games like Grimrock - I think my first blobber was Eye of the Beholder on the Amiga!
I'm toying around with making my own blobber, and I was wondering if anybody knew if LoG was made with physics-based wall detection or if everything's fundamentally running on arrays or similar?
Please let me know if this isn't in the right section of the forum - I'll be happy to repost there! Also, hope nobody minds questions like these here!
--Rev
I think a good start would be messing around with the editor. And getting a feel for how that works.

The modding side of this tends to be quite active, [urlhttps://grimrock.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=22]more so for LOG2[/url]. But some of the people that still poke around here also did some [urlhttps://grimrock.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=14]LOG1 modding[/url].
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Reverend Speed

Post by Reverend Speed »

Thanks @komag and @Sir Tawmis - I've only just seen your responses!

Understood, Komag! I'm doing a little roguelike dev in order to build up my data structure knowhow...!

I'll see if I can look at the level editor, but I'm a bit busy atm. Do you think folks in those LoG/LoG modding subforums would be able to answer my questions?

Cheers folks!
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Reverend Speed wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:03 am I'll see if I can look at the level editor, but I'm a bit busy atm. Do you think folks in those LoG/LoG modding subforums would be able to answer my questions?
Cheers folks!
There are some geniuses there, for sure. Never hurts to ask.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.