thecube's bomb_test from ORRR3

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
2498billb

thecube's bomb_test from ORRR3

Post by 2498billb »

I have tried to use the bomb_test script from ORRR3 Forest Underground in a mod, but when placing the 'thecube_destruction_orb near the mine_pillar_crystal it explodes but does not destroy the mine_pillar_crystal any ideas as to amend the lua script for use with any mod level?
thx in adavance
minmay

Re: thecube's bomb_test from ORRR3

Post by minmay »

Did you remember to modify/remove the map and position checks that prevent the bombs from destroying objects outside of the room?
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
2498billb

Re: thecube's bomb_test from ORRR3

Post by 2498billb »

Hi minmay thx for your reply, I altered this line in the script but I am not sure if it is correct
if e.x > 14 or e.y > 14 or tonumber(bombMapIndex) < 12 or tonumber(bombMapIndex) > 13 then
I believe it references level 12 and 13 in ORRR3, I altered e.x >14 to e.x >1 and e.y > 14 to e.y > 1
then tonumber(bombMapindex) <1 and tonumber(bombMapindex) >3 not sure if this was correct?
I am not very good at understanding the script I'm afraid so any other help would be appreciated
I was trying to do the script for level 1 and 2 in a mod.