[MOD] Final Adventure

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
ukdouble1

Re: [MOD] Final Adventure

Post by ukdouble1 »

Anyone solved it?
Yes. You need second text (from
SpoilerShow
Hammerhills
) for solve it.

There are 7 sacrifices to be made in Burning Sands. I can't understand the sacrifice interface. Do I need to poke a thing into the inscription? Is it possible to understand that the sacrifice is true and accepted? Or is there a special altar for them? If now is the seventh day, can I start from the seventh sacrifice, or do I need to start from the first day?
knr

Post by knr »

ukdouble1 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:14 pm There are 7 sacrifices to be made in Burning Sands. I can't understand the sacrifice interface. Do I need to poke a thing into the inscription? Is it possible to understand that the sacrifice is true and accepted? Or is there a special altar for them? If now is the seventh day, can I start from the seventh sacrifice, or do I need to start from the first day?
SpoilerShow
It will be clear that a sacrifice was accepted. There is a special place for them, and one of the clues in part doubles as the hint for that location, if you marked where you picked them up.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

A question about the Random Class

Every time I roll out a new party with the random class I get this

1,) Monk
2,) Monk
3,) Monk
4.) Paladin

First, It never changes so it's not random. Also kinda disappointed that there is no rogue.

Second, if any of the random users study magic they are blocked for the underwater breathing spell ...why?
This put the random users at a disadvantage...
knr

Post by knr »

Am I the only person on this forum who played this without some weird, self-inflicted misery? :D We've got one guy insisting on soloing everything, one playing 4 monks and complaining that keeping the stats of all 4 characters balanced is annoying, and one playing random classes and complaining he doesn't get access to all spell schools. (though them not actually being random is a bug, hitting every spell school with a random party would still be a <18% chance).
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

knr wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:04 am Am I the only person on this forum who played this without some weird, self-inflicted misery? :D We've got one guy insisting on soloing everything, one playing 4 monks and complaining that keeping the stats of all 4 characters balanced is annoying, and one playing random classes and complaining he doesn't get access to all spell schools. (though them not actually being random is a bug, hitting every spell school with a random party would still be a <18% chance).
If this were BookFace, I'd press the Love Button.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

It's called feedback. How people perceive that feedback is up to the person themselves.

The mod is good. But I see no point in ignoring the questionable decisions that make it "annoying" to me. And if you introduce custom mechanics that simply don't work because your character is carrying a skull around or a piece of armor with a statpoint or has a specific trait learned. Then that's a bug. Not a feature.

The custom classes are uninteresting or flat out weak combined with the massive amount of items, loot, stuff you have to drag around.

It's a long and exhausting mod. You don't want to play the entire mod with gimped classes that can't carry shit or die whenever a monster just looks at them. So by using common sense I try to alleviate these annoyances by picking the "right" classes.

The monk class is the only class that excels. If you do it right you get +1 to each stat on each levelup.
That's an additional +60 free extra statpoints for a monk by the time they hit level 16.

This allows them to carry extra loot for free +45 kg by level 16
Extra accuracy and evasion and damage
Free health and energy
So basically an additional +30 to all resist

It's a singleplayer game, if a mechanic is broken and a character doesn't get his statpoints, I just open the console, spawn a statpotion and correct the error myself.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

@Pompidom
I think, the root of your problem is that you picked a wrong diffifulty level. There are many possibilities in the Adventurer's Guild to make the game less "exhausting " and "annoying" ;)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

I started the game on Normal as your mods usually require a "testrun" for a couple of hours to get a feel for the game/balance before you start a "proper" run

Then after a couple of hours of having explored around a bit and getting used to the new mechanics. You start over from scratch for a proper run.

Normal was boring. Extremely boring.
And I feel playing on Hard with the increased +50 % monster difficulty is just about right for me.

So no, I'm not dropping the difficulty down and abandon my 200+ hp lvl 6 characters to go roleplay some crappy 40 hp wizard class that will be overweight and get instagibbed non stop as he doesn't have the strength to carry all the clutter around that you pick up along the way.
Last edited by Pompidom on Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knr

Post by knr »

Pompidom wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm The monk class is the only class that excels. If you do it right you get +1 to each stat on each levelup.
That's an additional +60 free extra statpoints for a monk by the time they hit level 16.
First, it's at most an extra 45 statpoints since a lot of classes give a baseline of 1 stat point per level while having better hp/mp growth or other benefits. Second, "doing it right" is very much not free - having to keep your stats balanced is a significant cost, especially if you need to do it for more than 1 character. Console spawning potions isn't fixing anything, it's massively cheating to avoid the built-in balance of having to do it right to get these gains. Third, the opportunity cost of losing other class features, especially the other 2 magic schools, is significant.

And I ended the mod with literally hundreds of kgs of spare carrying capacity, the strength points are largely just +2 fire resist if you're not using a strength weapon.
SpoilerShow
And that's while wielding a non-fish shield of the mountain.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

There is no point in argueing or defending it.

The script is simply broken.

The bug is mitigated by excessive and tedious inventory micro managing and dropping all your items to the ground, level up and then picking up all items again. And there is a very simple fix to it.

And as long you call it a "feature" while it's clearly simply a "bug", then there is no point in communicating any further.

If you don't want to change this. Hey fair game, it's your mod. And you do whatever the fuck you want with it.

But at least man up. And admit that you're unwilling to fix these bugs and annoyances from the mod because of illogical reasons.
instead of attacking or blaming your playerbase.

If you're ridiculing your playerbase by the classes they pick or ridicule them for pointing out obvious bugs or the difficulty that they pick and even go as far to criticize how one should play a single player game (with console cheating or not to fix the errors)
Then I suggest you take some time off.