Echelon dungeons Gold

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
gylippos

Echelon dungeons Gold

Post by gylippos »

I have just started this mod and have run into trouble in the castle, where I can't progress to the far side from the entrance stair. I looked for a thread and can't find one offering help on this mod or even mentioning it. Is there anyone else playing it that can help?
gylippos

Re: Echelon dungeons Gold

Post by gylippos »

Well, I started again and ended up on a completely different path that allowed me to progress much further. The mines have trapped me however. In one direction, I end up in a pit with 3 fire trolls that don't resist being killed. The pit won't open and i can't climb out to the opening tha has appeared above.
The second, in a different part of the mines, where there is a map in an alcove and 4 stone monsters, the pit also won't open leaving no escape.
Could the writer or some other player give a hint on how to proceed from either of these locations?
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Did you try looking for this mod on the steam workshop and the mod nexus?
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

No, I thought that this was the place people went to give hints etc. I will have a look in those other places. Thanks.
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

Playing in the mods of this author alone is absolutely impossible. Unfortunately...
You can view the video-passing of these mods on Nexus.com, which the author himself makes and uploads.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

gylippos wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 pm I have just started this mod and have run into trouble in the castle, where I can't progress to the far side from the entrance stair. I looked for a thread and can't find one offering help on this mod or even mentioning it. Is there anyone else playing it that can help?
That's because the creator of this mod is actually and genuinely trying to win an award to become the worst possible LoG2 modder in history of mankind by pumping out brainhurting trashcan mods at a rate that's not even healthy :)
Nobody on this forum is even remotely interested in his garbage mods and that's why you won't find any info about them.
It's amazing that you're even willing to undertake this mod in the first place.

Most of us here have some degree of "standards" you know.
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Oh. I don't see why there is such loathing for this. I have difficulties in many mods, but usually see the problem as lying with e rather than the creator. I tend to be appreciative of the effort that they have made to give me something for nothing. If, though, this guy is persona non grata then I guess that is it.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Watch carefully for pass thru walls..... there are many.
Regards,

RMariano
Halluinoid

Post by Halluinoid »

It is sad to see this site descend to this level of chatter, where puerile nonsense like this is tolerated, particularly when what is being said is manifestly untrue.

The specific game at point Echelon was very popular and well received, earning 11 Endorsements from 128 people who downloaded it, so 10% of players - played it and then came back to the site to give it the thumbs up, NOT BAD for a trashcan mod eh?

The following year my Naevius mod actually got to no. 12 in the ALL TIME TOP 30 of Legend of Grimrock II mods, so all this puts to bed the unsavoury and incorrect notions set out above.

Playing in the official games of LOG alone is absolutely impossible. Why do you think this site was created? It was primarily created to allow users of the official games to come along and get support while playing alone. so to say 'Playing in the mods of this author alone is absolutely impossible' is a joke, that applies to the official games and most other mods too, why single me out?

Being made persona non grata on this site should not even be a possibility , should it? Are we civilised people on here? I shouldn't even need to come onto this thread and reply to this patently absurd and misleading commentary, other members or at least the Moderators should have had the Courage to step in long ago, what a shame.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

You're right, there is not really an excuse for being rude as some of the comments me or others made.
But you will have to accept that sometimes people simply say the objective truth what everyone else is thinking.
And sometimes constructive criticism is necessary to improve eachothers projects. And sometimes it's just not worth the effort to even do that.

So let's try to be constructive.

You have pumped out 21 full blown custom dungeons. All of them look and play almost exactly the same. Absolutely awful.
Just some random rooms with random mobs placed haphazardly all over the place and then call it "a mod"

Now you would think that after having created so many dungeons you would actually improve yourself or at least pick up a few tricks over the past 6 years that you've been at it.
But you don't. Every single dungeon is just as awful as the previous one. Simple basic editor functions are just completely unknown to you.

A simple basic example is that you're not even using module heights function correctly. This causes clipping issues. Every single mod of yours is just asset/wall/pillar clipping frenzy where you can see through them as there are no textures because you simply placed everything in the wrong way.

Every mod worth playing on Nexus was discussed on this forum to share experiences, hints or walkthroughs. None of your 21 dungeons has ever been discussed here. Take that as a hint. They're terrible. So nobody is going to have a discussion about them.
They contain just too many gamebreaking bugs where you will get stuck in combination with the awful looks. it's just a recipe for disaster. They're empty dull and just not fun to play.

Sure you can find some people that actually download your mod and get suckered into playing them for a short while.
Downloads =/= playthroughs

Endorsements are given to your projects by a popup after you downloaded some mods the next time you log in to nexus. Most of those endorsements don't even come from manually endorsing a mod, it's just that people downloaded that specific mod and then simply clicked on "endorse all mods" option the next time this annoying popup comes up just to get rid of it and that is actually the best way to receive that popup less. They're not actually endorsing anything. The endorsements you got were done by people that basically endorse every single mod out there with this endorsement popup.

If you provide terrible content, then you need to accept criticism from others. This reflects on the community. Let's say somebody downloads a random mod of yours as his/her first custom mod to try out. Do you think this person will bother to download anything else after witnessing poor content like that?

How rude this may seem, eventually it's a forum where we can make discussions. If something is good, calling it good is acceptable. So whenever something is awful as my personal opinion, I will call it awful. Personal opinions and all, just deal with it.

I hope that atleast you had fun creating these dungeons yourself and at least enjoyed them yourself.