[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Stamm Bladecaster

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by Stamm Bladecaster »

Actually I did not mark the secrets on the map. But I will try to help as much as I can. It would certainly be nice for everyone to have a little walkthrough rather than digging through 90+ pages of discussion.

Any map in particular?
Stamm Bladecaster

Whisper wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:27 pm
Stamm Bladecaster wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:49 pm Finished the mod yesterday. I have missed around 20 secrets in total. Cheated once (The thousand faces).

My opinion

Really big mod, lots of new content. Enough time to see the characters growing from babies to semi-gods!
Difficulty curve is a bit of a problem: Fights are too hard at the beginning and too easy at the end
Some riddles do not make sense, even with the solution. No big deal since there tons of good ones.
Sometimes the challenge comes purely from the number of enemies, which is not so interesting (fight, retreat to a crystal, repeat).
Lots of different places, each with their own identity

I would rank it #2 after final adventure
Did you play The Guardians?

For me, it is Guardians first (from same author as final adventure) and then this mod.

Also can you post maps with secrets noted? I am making big guide for this games secrets.
No I did not. That might be the next one if I can find time.

I can post the content of the archive scroll as a start, then that could be a collective effort to find and list them all.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Stamm Bladecaster wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:17 pm
Whisper wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:27 pm
Stamm Bladecaster wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:49 pm Finished the mod yesterday. I have missed around 20 secrets in total. Cheated once (The thousand faces).

My opinion

Really big mod, lots of new content. Enough time to see the characters growing from babies to semi-gods!
Difficulty curve is a bit of a problem: Fights are too hard at the beginning and too easy at the end
Some riddles do not make sense, even with the solution. No big deal since there tons of good ones.
Sometimes the challenge comes purely from the number of enemies, which is not so interesting (fight, retreat to a crystal, repeat).

Did you play The Guardians?

For me, it is Guardians first (from same author as final adventure) and then this mod.

Also can you post maps with secrets noted? I am making big guide for this games secrets.
No I did not. That might be the next one if I can find time.

I can post the content of the archive scroll as a start, then that could be a collective effort to find and list them all.
Thats why i asked if you played The Guardians, because was not sure you played this mod. This is really best mod experience for LoG2.

For Hardabar: I make list of all secrets, work in progress, so will ask if someone already made list/make such list for secrets.
Stamm Bladecaster

Whisper wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:28 pm

My opinion

Can you post which skills weapons you found most powerful (ranged, throwing, light weapons, heavy weapons)?
And what party did you have. What classes proved most useful and what classes you would replace for another?

What party (classes) would you make if you replay this mod again?
A strenght barbarian minotaur, an all rounder rattling, a ranged/missile lizzard, and a insectoid magician.

Attack spells tends to be weak so spell magicians need to reconvert into battlemage.
Ranged/missile becomes weak vs firearm, so reconversion required.
The thing is that with all the super powerful armors and weapons you are best picking up something that scales, like insectoid quickness or the knight (I think) fast special charge. Anything that does not scale eventually becomes irrelevant.

Best weapons I think are cannons and firearms. The Jean Bart canon is OP. With the special I can deal between 2.5k and 4.4k dmg to my party. I could not get into the ARC armory so there might be something even better.
Galdak

Post by Galdak »

Can someone help me with:
1. The white door with worlds to mount Khand
2. The underground sidequest, been to both pubs spoke with ogre oudside, but what now?
topdray

Post by topdray »

Hi,
may I ask for hekp? :D
I finished the mine - where do I have to go now?
How do I enter the Kingdom of Thieves?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Starting new playthrough, will make a list of all secrets if i can find them all.

Will ask you, fellow forum posters, with help with some secrets in 2nd half of game.
topdray

Post by topdray »

Need help. Finished the mine. After the defeat of the last boss I was told to talk to somebody - but I don't remember to whom. Does anybody remember this point of the mod?
Thanks!
Stamm Bladecaster

Galdak wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:41 pm Can someone help me with:
1. The white door with worlds to mount Khand
2. The underground sidequest, been to both pubs spoke with ogre oudside, but what now?
1. It is a five part sentence, reference to LotR. Can't remember the exact sentence. I my playthrough I had to input it twice for it to work, so be perseverant!
2. Depending on where you are, you either need to speak to the Intendant, or find 3 witnesses in town (one of which is a rattling in the palace)
Stamm Bladecaster

topdray wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:54 pm Hi,
may I ask for hekp? :D
I finished the mine - where do I have to go now?
How do I enter the Kingdom of Thieves?
Thanks a lot in advance!
So you have seen that the artifact has been stolen? From you report to Filona (Whatever her name, invisible character in one of the room) in the castle who will give you your next mission.
Kingdom of thieves comes later once you obtain a certain object