[MOD] Survive 4.0 Ultimate Edition

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Resu

Re: [MOD] Survive 1.0

Post by Resu »

@ Flohaxn

you're welcome :) i am glad you have a good time with it!

concerning Level 11: you must have an old Version. in the new updated Version the Lever does something :)
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

Resu wrote: concerning Level 11: you must have an old Version. ...
gna.. thats unfortunate :( i downloaded it on 17.7, and i see you updated it on that day ..
anyway, i am on level 21 now .. did you change anything which could impede my progression further down?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Is it possible [feasible] to post a console command that either enables the lever connection, or activates its effect/action?
Resu

Post by Resu »

Isaac wrote:Is it possible [feasible] to post a console command that either enables the lever connection, or activates its effect/action?
that sounds great! but i have no idea how to do it :lol: , i am not even sure what a console command is

@Flohaxn

i urgently recommend you to play the new Version, because in the old Version you cant reach the last levels because of a missing Teleporter :(
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

Some problems in level 24:
1) In the area in the southeast you can shoot at the golem from afar, he will charge you and trigger the doors to close, and you have no way to get the skull key he drops then and no way to continue.
SpoilerShow
2) a little bit further in there is a chest, which on opening spawns a wasp, which on attacking makes the program crash. Actually, attacking the (any) chest makes the program crash, but i noticed this only because of the spawn (otherwise there is obviously no reason to attack a chest)

3) Stuck now in this room with the 4 buttons .. i think i tried every combination but no luck, please help :) I proably missed a hint somewhere hehe

As a side note, the wind dagger is ... insane. (that is with a dagger rogue and 15 skulls). If i equip it, i have attack power 74 with speed 500 ... Unless its needed somewhere, you proably should remove it.

And whats up with the grimrock servers? They under DDOS attacks that often? Lots of days when i cannot connect to the forums :(
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Resu wrote:
Isaac wrote:Is it possible [feasible] to post a console command that either enables the lever connection, or activates its effect/action?
that sounds great! but i have no idea how to do it :lol: , i am not even sure what a console command is
The Console is disabled by default, but can be enabled in the grimrock.cfg file, found in the 'Legend of Grimrock' folder; usually found in the user's documents folder... within the 'Almost Human' folder.
Typically [Win7]: "c:\users\%username%\documents\almost human\legend of grimrock\grimrock.cfg"
*You can paste that path (with the quotes) right into the File Name field of the Notepad Open file dialog.)

Open the file grimrock.cfg in Windows Notepad, and change:

Code: Select all

console = false
To:

Code: Select all

console = true
This enables the in-game interactive console. AFAIK it's enabled by default in the editor. The hotkey for it is the forward slash \

In the console you can execute script commands in realtime while the game is running. One could type the command to open a door, or even type in a loop that iterates through all of the monsters in the mod, and changes Spiders to turtles.

What I had suggested was to post a script command that would activate whatever the lever was supposed to activate... since restarting the mod would have lost all the progress. In the console, it is possible to even spawn the missing teleporter, with its destination.
Resu

Post by Resu »

Flohaxn wrote:Some problems in level 24:
1) In the area in the southeast you can shoot at the golem from afar, he will charge you and trigger the doors to close, and you have no way to get the skull key he drops then and no way to continue.
SpoilerShow
2) a little bit further in there is a chest, which on opening spawns a wasp, which on attacking makes the program crash. Actually, attacking the (any) chest makes the program crash, but i noticed this only because of the spawn (otherwise there is obviously no reason to attack a chest)

3) Stuck now in this room with the 4 buttons .. i think i tried every combination but no luck, please help :) I proably missed a hint somewhere hehe

As a side note, the wind dagger is ... insane. (that is with a dagger rogue and 15 skulls). If i equip it, i have attack power 74 with speed 500 ... Unless its needed somewhere, you proably should remove it.

And whats up with the grimrock servers? They under DDOS attacks that often? Lots of days when i cannot connect to the forums :(
i am really impressed by your analysis Flohaxn :)

Version 1,5 is available now. i nerfed the wind dagger, gave a hint for the puzzle you had problems with, balanced some levels, items
and i allowed backtracking after level 24, which wasnt possible before

1) you are right, that is possible :) but i see no problem there :D see it as an additional difficulty ;)
2) yes you are right. attacking any chest makes the game crash! i noticed this a long time ago but i am still not able to fix it :(
3)
SpoilerShow
try to push a button more then 1,2,3 times ;) (maybe i forgot to give a hint - if so i will make one because many people had problems to solve this puzzle)
4) you are right, it is. i wanted to make insane Items, insane armor and insane Enemys! do you think you can play the game through easily only because you have the wind dagger? 8-) (in the updated version i nerfed the wind dagger. i can imagine i nerf it again cause its a really strong weapon, but i will never remove it)

thank you very much for your feedback @Flohaxn
Last edited by Resu on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elkedacion

Post by Elkedacion »

How to open door in feeding room ? LV14
Resu

Post by Resu »

Elkedacion wrote:How to open door in feeding room ? LV14
i wont tell :twisted:

but i can give you a hint: you cant open it in lvl 14
Flohaxn