[MOD] Survive 4.0 Ultimate Edition

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
HypnoToad

Re: [MOD] Survive 2.4

Post by HypnoToad »

Daydreamer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:35 pm
the archive is either in unknown format or damaged....Help please :-)
I downloaded it the other day and it works fine. I tried it again and I use WinRar and it works fine but gives an error if I use 7-Zip, so try using WinRar.
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

HypnoToad wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:53 am
I downloaded it the other day and it works fine. I tried it again and I use WinRar and it works fine but gives an error if I use 7-Zip, so try using WinRar.
Thank you :) . But I use Winrar many years. I have SURVIVE 2.2 and I want new version 2.4 now. I downloaded this new version 3x or 4x (size cca 238 MB). And still the same..."the archive is either in unknown format or damaged"....I tried archive fix it with WINRAR, but unsuccessfully... :cry: :oops:
Resu

Post by Resu »

Hm. I dont know what causes your problem. Cant give you even an advice... I exported and zipped the dungeon like always. Never heard of any problems with the Zip files.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Resu wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:38 pm Hm. I dont know what causes your problem. Cant give you even an advice... I exported and zipped the dungeon like always. Never heard of any problems with the Zip files.
Sorry for my bad english language... :? . But :D everything is OK now :D . I tried 7-zip and unpacking without problems!!.- Maybe I have too old WINRAR version. Can I ask yet?
1- I am stuck in Level 30(in old version) - I cannot find Master key... :roll:
2 - Version 2.4 : isnt too difficult ??
Otherwise - excellent custom dungeon !!! Maybe the best ;) :) . Amazing weapons!! Amazing new spells ! For a new game I have a new party(so far fighter, thief with dagger, thief with bow and mag). BUT! - There are great, great swords in the game :) . Consequently new party with two fighters, mag ang thief with bow ;) :)
Thank you very much! :)
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Daydreamer wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 am
HypnoToad wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:53 am
Thank you :) . But I use Winrar many years. I have SURVIVE 2.2 and I want new version 2.4 now. I downloaded this new version 3x or 4x (size cca 238 MB). And still the same..."the archive is either in unknown format or damaged"....I tried archive fix it with WINRAR, but unsuccessfully... :cry: :oops:
I've downloaded Survive241-424-2-4.rar (file size 238.076.676 bytes) and I can unpack it with no problems under Linux Mint 18.3
Do your downloads all have the same size?
What about MD5 sums?
Resu

Post by Resu »

Daydreamer wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Resu wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:38 pm Hm. I dont know what causes your problem. Cant give you even an advice... I exported and zipped the dungeon like always. Never heard of any problems with the Zip files.
Sorry for my bad english language... :? . But :D everything is OK now :D . I tried 7-zip and unpacking without problems!!.- Maybe I have too old WINRAR version. Can I ask yet?
1- I am stuck in Level 30(in old version) - I cannot find Master key... :roll:
2 - Version 2.4 : isnt too difficult ??
Otherwise - excellent custom dungeon !!! Maybe the best ;) :) . Amazing weapons!! Amazing new spells ! For a new game I have a new party(so far fighter, thief with dagger, thief with bow and mag). BUT! - There are great, great swords in the game :) . Consequently new party with two fighters, mag ang thief with bow ;) :)
Thank you very much! :)
Ok good that it works now :)

Thank you a lot for your feedback! I am glad you enjoy it. If you have any further questions just ask!

If you want to know the location of the 2 Master Key's available in my Mod i can send you a pm.
geniusmcp

Post by geniusmcp »

Hello,

i need help with secret, telling me "it´s great". What i have to place in alcove (land of giants)?

Regards,

Dieter
Resu

Post by Resu »

geniusmcp wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:07 am Hello,

i need help with secret, telling me "it´s great". What i have to place in alcove (land of giants)?

Regards,

Dieter
hey Dieter,

You need a
SpoilerShow
greater Healing Potion
geniusmcp

Post by geniusmcp »

Sorry, but greater healing potion does not work. There stands: "it´s really great"
Resu

Post by Resu »

geniusmcp wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:13 pm Sorry, but greater healing potion does not work. There stands: "it´s really great"
Damn, you are right. I am afraid but in this Version the Riddle doesn't work.
I will update my Version soon but within your safe file you cannot do it normally. If you like
I can tell you how to open it with console.

Thank you for noticing and telling me.

Edit: I updated a new Version without the Puzzle-Issue right now.