Lets Play The Legend of Grimrock with Paticus

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
Paticus

Re: Lets Play Legend of Grimrock - [Blind] The Dumby Chronic

Post by Paticus »

Sol_HSA wrote: Yeah, I think grimrock might be the most "let's play"ed game ever.
I wouldn't say ever, it's hard as hell to beat Minecraft, but it's making the game ever more popular which'll draw in more modders (for when the time comes) and hopefully grow the game out even more.

Needless to say, I'm happy about it, even if my own leaves but a small impact hah.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

I imagine the reason it makes or such great replays is the dramatic irony. The people watching it know what's going to happen, but the player doesn't, and you get to see how they'll attempt to solve a puzzle, or whether they'll finally spot a button the passed 20 times. And then you get to roll on the floor laughing when they stand their taunting a single slime as you can hear the sound the walls opening up to reveal the 6 other slimes behind them.
Paticus

Post by Paticus »

Lmaoboat wrote:I imagine the reason it makes or such great replays is the dramatic irony. The people watching it know what's going to happen, but the player doesn't, and you get to see how they'll attempt to solve a puzzle, or whether they'll finally spot a button the passed 20 times. And then you get to roll on the floor laughing when they stand their taunting a single slime as you can hear the sound the walls opening up to reveal the 6 other slimes behind them.
I TAKE OFFENSE TO PEOPLE LAUGHING AT MY UTTER CONFUSION AT THE PROSPECT OF SLIME RAPE THANK YOU VERY MUCH. [/nonseriousness]
Necroscope86

Post by Necroscope86 »

I had so many problems with that darn slime dungeon, oh my
juho

Post by juho »

Thanks for making these videos Paticus. I've watched 'em all and somehow they are just great fun to watch. Probably because you get pissed off to the puzzles and monsters all the time. :D
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff
Paticus

Post by Paticus »

juho wrote:Thanks for making these videos Paticus. I've watched 'em all and somehow they are just great fun to watch. Probably because you get pissed off to the puzzles and monsters all the time. :D
And here I thought my overt monotoneness wouldn't betray my anger, hah.

And the puzzles are damned wonderful, to me it's a GOOD thing when they piss me off, instead of when I don't even realize I'm solving them, which is how most games go through with it these days!

But all I can say is keep up the good work, this is a diamond in a serious dry spell of good games and I couldn't be happier to have found it.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

So I hope I'm not the only one who keeps trying to click on buttons and exit out of people's inventory when watching let's plays.
Paticus

Post by Paticus »

Lmaoboat wrote:So I hope I'm not the only one who keeps trying to click on buttons and exit out of people's inventory when watching let's plays.
I can assure you... I did that to my own videos :|
Paticus

Post by Paticus »

Necroscope86 wrote:I had so many problems with that darn slime dungeon, oh my
I'm surprised there wasn't a specific type of weapon to kill them. Oh well.

juho

Post by juho »

Hey Paticus. Still watching you and enjoying the show. I lolled when you got scared of those flying bugs (we call them Shrakk-torr's). Keep going, you're doing great, I scratched my head with checkered room so much longer than you.
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff