Fullscreen and windowed mode

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
MarciLaBelle

Fullscreen and windowed mode

Post by MarciLaBelle »

I wanted to play the game in windowed mode. So I switched it over but now I can see some of the screen and can't hit apply under the options menu. I play the game through Steam. I've tried using alt+enter and even set the launch option to -fullscreen. Nothing seems to work and I can't play the game. I'm not sure what to do.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Fullscreen and windowed mode

Post by Dr.Disaster »

This happens when the height of your window / desktop is less then 800. Since it seems your full screen resolution can be larger you got two options:
1) temporarily increase the resolution of your desktop so you can reach the "Apply" button.
2) open the game's config folder located inside your user's profile: documents -> Almost Human -> Legend of Grimrock 2
there open the game's config file grimrock.cfg in a text editor, find the line "displayMode = <number>" and replace whatever number is shown there with "1". Save the config file, then start the game and you should be back in fullscreen mode.
MarciLaBelle

Re: Fullscreen and windowed mode

Post by MarciLaBelle »

That worked. Thank you so much!