Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
bewildering

Re: Isle of the Deranged

Post by bewildering »

Finished!

Great fun. Thanks.
Weird but I missed a whole level 20/21. I have idea were that level might be hidden. The funny thing is that i ever got a cannon for the cannonballs - i wonder if that was the level.

:lol:
Thanks again! Look forward to any more creations
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

@Slayer82
great mod and fantastic support !!
thx very much again for your devotion :D
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

one question still...
in front of the altar the first earth essence is on there is a trapdoor
it is open in the beginning and closes later
I think by jumnping down you could reach an area that is otherwise inaccessible
how can I reopen that trapdoor ?
thx in advance :geek:
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Bewildering -
All good! I'm really happy you enjoyed it.
SpoilerShow
The cannon is a secret weapon and there are (now) two of them. One is owned by a Ratling Boss in Nomad's Demise - South. It's in the southern hidden area, which is opened by a secret button on a wall. The button is near the teleporters there. The second Cannon is in a new smaller area that I added with the update.
Did you play the Caldar's Gauntlet stage?

Marten_1992 -
You're welcome, champ!
To be able to fall through that trapdoor you must
SpoilerShow
avoid pulling the underwater mine lever after you have pressed the secret buttons in the north-west and north-east. If you press the buttons, then head north-west to the teleporter you are able to drop down into the pit. It's only a small bonus, but a bonus nonetheless
I'm still considering making a new mod. I've been tinkering with some ideas, but It'll be awhile :)
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Hi Slayer, need some help please.
SpoilerShow
I'm in the excavatioon site with the three heads and I don't understand the clues.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Jaberwoke -
SpoilerShow
Satsume is the honest oracle. It tells you that you should dig in the north just up from the excavation pit. Galwrath should not be trusted as it speaks mistruths; 'the looting of all chests' clue is an instance. Xenith is inaccurate, but not dishonest as there are decent items in the south-west, however they are not 'important'.
SpoilerShow
So, dig north of the pit, head south-west for some bonuses, and expect a surprise when looting chests in the 'Refuge of the Greedy'.
The clues are useful, but are designed more so as a bit of fun so that you don't just breeze through every area.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Slayer82 wrote:Jaberwoke -
SpoilerShow
Satsume is the honest oracle. It tells you that you should dig in the north just up from the excavation pit. Galwrath should not be trusted as it speaks mistruths; 'the looting of all chests' clue is an instance. Xenith is inaccurate, but not dishonest as there are decent items in the south-west, however they are not 'important'.
SpoilerShow
So, dig north of the pit, head south-west for some bonuses, and expect a surprise when looting chests in the 'Refuge of the Greedy'.
The clues are useful, but are designed more so as a bit of fun so that you don't just breeze through every area.
Thank you. ;)
Lightangels

Post by Lightangels »

Hello, need a little help, im so lost in this huge map ^^

I got the pair of Water and Earth elements, and activate their shrine (With the levers when you go trough the portal)

And now i dont know where i am supppose to go :(

In the greater woodlans near the pit there is an area closed when u go up, and i can't find how open the eternal catacombs, I have in my inventory those key items: Snail Figurine, Gear Key, Tombs key, Ring on a sting.

Where im suppose to go for continue please ? :(
joramsey

Post by joramsey »

Where is the second earth essence? I've gathered the "first," the one on the island, after finishing the excavation site.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Lightangels -

Once you have placed the two elements and defeated the mini boss, enter the teleporter and pull both levers.
SpoilerShow
One lever opens one door toward a new area (there are five doors to unlock), whilst the other opens a bonus within that room that you entered.
If you're referring to the area above the undead pit, then you
SpoilerShow
need to use the orante key within the healing crystal area to open that portcullis. To get the orante key, head south to the 'Living Forest' located within Greater Grimwern Woodlands.

SpoilerShow
You need to use something that only "accepts the slow". Head north-east to place the figurine - this opens the way to the Eternal Catacombs.
Joramsey -
The second Earth Essence is
SpoilerShow
located in Grimwern Woodlands. It is directly ahead of you when you enter Grimwern Woodlands from Main Beach. It requires the brass key and cube key to enter.