Use both hands?

Talk about anything related to the iOS version of Legend of Grimrock 1.
Mr_fantastic

Use both hands?

Post by Mr_fantastic »

On the iOS version how do I use both hands I can only use my left hand is there a way to see both hands at once?
meril

Re: Use both hands?

Post by meril »

I have exactly the same question.

But first @almost human: Thanks a lot to bring this gem to iOS. Bought the PC version just as it was available. The iPad version is awesome, UI and interaction are very well designed. Love to dive again into the mountain of grimrock.

But now back to the concern:
The second hand is essential especialy for my second row (rogue and magician). The rogue has two different throwing weapons (i.e. shuriken and knifes). Or the magician fight with a spear, if his mana is empty. Both is practically only possible, if there is a shortcut to the second hand - especialy because the battles take place in real time :)
Mr_fantastic

Post by Mr_fantastic »

bump would like an answer from a dev pls?
macatron

Post by macatron »

The developers are very active in the Touch Arcade forums, and they have already answered this question there. :)

Here's what they said:

"We wanted to streamline the UI for the iPad version, so the game has only 1 hand slot visible. Usually the second hand is used to carry shield or torch. We did some automation for the second hand; projectiles are automatically picked up. And if you have thrown all projectiles from the "main hand" it equips the projectiles from the second hand automatically."

Here's a direct link to the posting and discussion thread too.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost. ... tcount=106
Mr_fantastic

Post by Mr_fantastic »

ah thanks for the reply although on my ipad air 2 i have a bit of room on the bottom screen (in the ingame UI) so i thought they were gonna patch it in or something, would be nice to have 2 hands its a bit of a pain putting and taking torches outta my right hand by having to go into the inventory
macatron

Post by macatron »

Mr_fantastic wrote:ah thanks for the reply although on my ipad air 2 i have a bit of room on the bottom screen (in the ingame UI) so i thought they were gonna patch it in or something, would be nice to have 2 hands its a bit of a pain putting and taking torches outta my right hand by having to go into the inventory
You're welcome! Yeah, I wish both hands were visible as well, but I think they provided an excellent compromise. Hell, I'm just happy that LoG FINALLY made it to the iPad! :D