It's a ctrap! (v1.4)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Granamir

Re: It's a ctrap!

Post by Granamir »

Jaberwoke wrote:Obviously missing something here but I can't find a way off the beginning beach.
SpoilerShow
Approaching the fire area I have to find branches but I only find 1.
Immerse yourself into that place, feel the atmosphere, think as u were really there, pay attention to details.
SpoilerShow
1 branch is near where u start, near barrels. 2nd branch is where u see fireflies.
Btw don't need branches to go second map, just need to find passage; fire is just for fun and to see beach in daylight. U can miss map too, but later would be hard to find treasure.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Thanks but it doesn't help.
SpoilerShow
The firefly area is surrounded by rocks and I can't get to it.
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

Jaberwoke wrote:Thanks but it doesn't help.
SpoilerShow
The firefly area is surrounded by rocks and I can't get to it.
SpoilerShow
If u click on ground near bush u get it, it's buried. Btw u don't need it, it's just for exp and atmosphere.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

:geek: Must remember to wear my glasses :lol: feel such a fool.
alois

Post by alois »

Hi. Went around a little bit, and now I am stuck in the huge hall with the altar.
SpoilerShow
Found and used the key, switched the lights on, found the receptor (very high), but do not know what to do with it; furthermore, I cannot understand the push push pull pull riddle...
Alois :)
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

alois wrote:Hi. Went around a little bit, and now I am stuck in the huge hall with the altar.
SpoilerShow
Found and used the key, switched the lights on, found the receptor (very high), but do not know what to do with it; furthermore, I cannot understand the push push pull pull riddle...
Hi
SpoilerShow
Just use venom knife on receptor. Riddle was there to tell people to not look for something to open altar by pushing or pulling it, but doing what u already did (pushing button, opening lock, and now firing with knife)
alois

Post by alois »

Granamir wrote:
alois wrote:Hi. Went around a little bit, and now I am stuck in the huge hall with the altar.
SpoilerShow
Hi
SpoilerShow
Just use venom knife on receptor. Riddle was there to tell people to not look for something to open altar by pushing or pulling it, but doing what u already did (pushing button, opening lock, and now firing with knife)
Thanks!
SpoilerShow
Reading "fire", I threw a fireball at it...
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

alois wrote:
Granamir wrote:
SpoilerShow
Hi
SpoilerShow
Thanks!
SpoilerShow
Reading "fire", I threw a fireball at it...
Good thought but it would be too simple (plus u can don't have caster in party, even if i suggested to have at least 1). :-P
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

One of my favourite mods so far; man, that castle area is difficult! Took me ages to defeat the enemies there and they seem to spawn everywhere. Good challenge though.

On a side note, it's probably better if you take down your editor file so random people don't download it and upload it somewhere and claim it as their own. After all, you seem to have put so much work into it and it would be a shame if someone stole it.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
minmay

Post by minmay »

Slayer82 wrote:One of my favourite mods so far; man, that castle area is difficult! Took me ages to defeat the enemies there and they seem to spawn everywhere. Good challenge though.

On a side note, it's probably better if you take down your editor file so random people don't download it and upload it somewhere and claim it as their own. After all, you seem to have put so much work into it and it would be a shame if someone stole it.
taking down the source files really doesn't help against that at all, grimrock .dat files aren't encrypted or signed or anything
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.