Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Azel

Re: Isle of the Deranged (Nexus Mods & ModDB)

Post by Azel »

Cool. Yeah physics with the out-of-box assets doesn't make much sense. For example, when I placed my very first Dungeon Wall outside (ie, on the Beach surface), I was completely shocked that my characters could walk right through it. Blockers are essential for many assets. I noticed most Moders (myself included) have picked one of the gratings as blockers (Tomb Wall Grating works well) while custom assets like the Urban Town and Asian Tileset have their own blockers.

Note that not all Gratings work properly as a blocker due to their default Save State.

Anyway, nice Mod! I look forward to playing it from start to finish; I just need to complete my Mod first. Thanks for the feedback on it as well. On and btw, I noticed you have a Sepultura graphic on your NexusMods avatar. Their are one of my favorite bands of all time and I own several of their guitar books. Nice choice :mrgreen:
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

You're the first person to notice that.
Sepultura are only just behind Pantera as my top band. I'm getting old...

I'm going to get back to playing your mod now that I actually have time to play. Modding is time consuming!
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Azel

Post by Azel »

I started with the Arise album then went backwards, even as far as Morbid Visions. Slayer and Pantera are gods of course, but I went a bit darker during that era: Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Morbid Angel. Although I think if I tried to play Hammer Smashed Face on my Washburn these days I'd fracture a finger :shock:

But I digress...

I definitely need to spend some time playing these news Mods this week. I'm interested in seeing how Isle of the Deranged ends :twisted:
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

I haven't read all the replies and I haven't finished the dungeon yet. Someone should make a walkthrough on youtube as I found it too hard to do without console cheating. This game is huge...

A few things I noticed:
- There is a cube puzzle in a lowered level. But trying to walk over them makes you fall in them
- In Elemental Plains there's a teleporter to a Fire hall, but I can't get is message when I click the wall writings
- A lot of pressure plates don't work when the party stands on them and need a dropped item
- An item behind upward bars in a room full of teleporters could be pickup through the bars without lowering the bars. Was that intentional?
- Some messages in letters were too wide and could use word wrap
- Some root monsters occupied a spot in scenery with trees or signposts. They didn't attack nor couldn't be attack. Just visible decor?
- In the map with the red mist there are 3 plant monsters casting poison. After killing them poison is still cast. The invisible pressure plate should become inactive after the 3 mobs die
- Sometimes I would get a secret discovery message but no walls opened

I haven't found a use yet for the blue and red gem. Maybe its because of console cheating, but in the red mist area the dragon mob doesn't attack me nor does the teleporter behind him work. I pulled every lever I could find there, but still the area remains closed.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

SpoilerShow
- There is a cube puzzle in a lowered level. But trying to walk over them makes you fall in them
1. In Elemental Plains there's a teleporter to a Fire hall, but I can't get is message when I click the wall writings
2. A lot of pressure plates don't work when the party stands on them and need a dropped item
3. An item behind upward bars in a room full of teleporters could be pickup through the bars without lowering the bars. Was that intentional?
4. Some messages in letters were too wide and could use word wrap
5. Some root monsters occupied a spot in scenery with trees or signposts. They didn't attack nor couldn't be attack. Just visible decor?
6. In the map with the red mist there are 3 plant monsters casting poison. After killing them poison is still cast. The invisible pressure plate should become inactive after the 3 mobs die
7. Sometimes I would get a secret discovery message but no walls opened
1. FIXED. It simply says 'Fire', so you aren't missing out on any important mission details.
2. Which pressure plates? When there are several pressure plates near each other, you must either walk on or use an item.
3. I'm not sure which area you are referring to.
4. Agreed. Fixing now.
5. If you are referring to the Thorn bush that grows then shrinks, then that it supposed to happen.
6. That is supposed to happen. That small area is mainly for atmosphere/décor. If you wish to kill them, then you may do so, but the poison is supposed to remain.
7. Sometimes you must find the secret that you have unlocked. Secrets are not always close, nor instantly visible.

- You must find the three coloured gems and take them to a place, but only if you wish to find special bonuses. It's not important to the plot or progression.
- The Dragon Mob are for aesthetic purposes. Not everything is able to be opened, obtained, or reachable. The force fields in Grimwern Excavation Site are an example.

Thanks for the feedback Frenchie.
Frenchie

Re: Isle of the Deranged

Post by Frenchie »

I started anew with created party in easy mode but the bosses like the trickster in the library and crypt master are too difficult. Is it possible to create a non linear solution based on difficulty level? So, if difficulty = easy then open a shortcut (secret button) to the beach avoiding the bosses. I might be able to slowly kill the trickster running around the altars, but the crypt master has 2 undead assistants. which are also hard to kill. From what I read the crypt master drops the golden key to open the beach stairs? I was unable to find the 2 iron keys for the force field table. I reckon that is something for later? Also a major problem is the aqua dungeon. At least drop a zarchton harpoon somewhere close to the stairs. Killing monsters by jumping onto them only works if their route is blocked else they just bump into the opposite direction. I used the Rite of the Moon after removing the 2 torches and after a darkness spell. The user feels different but no clue what happened? If it would make you temporary immortal to fight a boss that would've been a great help.

2) With pressure plates that only work with a dropped item I meant solo plates. I can't remember which map but they where in lower level trenches.
3) I believe the item was a power gem, but I'm not sure (my first play was without making any notes)
7) A message after to toggle a secret button to point you into the direction of the secret would be great jusrt like the message you get about the spear gate that was lowered in Cursed Dungeon.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

SpoilerShow
I started anew with created party in easy mode but the bosses like the trickster in the library and crypt master are too difficult. Is it possible to create a non linear solution based on difficulty level? So, if difficulty = easy then open a shortcut (secret button) to the beach avoiding the bosses. I might be able to slowly kill the trickster running around the altars, but the crypt master has 2 undead assistants. which are also hard to kill. From what I read the crypt master drops the golden key to open the beach stairs? I was unable to find the 2 iron keys for the force field table. I reckon that is something for later? Also a major problem is the aqua dungeon. At least drop a zarchton harpoon somewhere close to the stairs. Killing monsters by jumping onto them only works if their route is blocked else they just bump into the opposite direction. I used the Rite of the Moon after removing the 2 torches and after a darkness spell. The user feels different but no clue what happened? If it would make you temporary immortal to fight a boss that would've been a great help.

2) With pressure plates that only work with a dropped item I meant solo plates. I can't remember which map but they where in lower level trenches.
3) I believe the item was a power gem, but I'm not sure (my first play was without making any notes)
7) A message after to toggle a secret button to point you into the direction of the secret would be great just like the message you get about the spear gate that was lowered in Cursed Dungeon.
1. The Trickster is a bonus mini-boss. You do not have to defeat it, but if you do you are heavily rewarded. I didn't want to give the player easy rewards.
2. Fight the Crypt Master AFTER you have searched the ENTIRE Cursed Dungeon. If it's too difficult then import a party, play on easy, or create a battle plan.
3. No. For other modders it is, but I'm not proficient in that area.
SpoilerShow
The force field you are referring to requires lock picks to be opened. One for each lock.

5. You receive the Zarchton Harpoon once you leave the dungeon. Hence, the letters that tell you to return to the Cursed Dungeon.
6. The Rites of the Moon is an item you use to become more powerful during the night, but weaker during the day. It doesn't have anything to do with a lack of clues or indicators in my mod. It's a standard item.
SpoilerShow
The Power Gems must be used in The Wooden Alcoves across the world. There are four to find. DO NOT use them in the Wishing Well! Use the coloured gems in the well.
8. Again, some secrets are close and inform the players, whilst others are not. It typifies the concept of the isle being a place of madness and oppression created by the Examiners.

Is Frenchie the only one having this much trouble?
Are there others out there that agree with him? If so, should I make the mod easier?
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i am at the port of the old scorched valley..
and i see 6 levers... its a old fashion very frustrating dungeon puzzle??
to try one for one the right combination..
pfffffffffffff
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

aha..
richt.. up, up up..
left down , up up

its a very amazing mod!1 thanks a lot for this!!!
apocalipses

Post by apocalipses »

I have to know... in the eastern Zhaoze they are 6 block at the north West but one of them can't move to the right and i can't put it in the right place (orange area).
It's a bug or i have to find something else? :?

(Excellent custom dungeon I want finish it XD)