Multiple magic schools spells pack

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Azel

Re: Multiple magic schools spells pack (alpha version)

Post by Azel »

woohoo! A lot of these spells are badass
Azel

Post by Azel »

Not yet, right now I'm creating a Checklist of the ones that I think fit my Mod best. I will probably test them out tonight or tomorrow :mrgreen:
Dunkler

Post by Dunkler »

Great work!
I read through the whole script where you can see all the Spells you made. There are a lot i will use for sure :) I wonder are there even enough runes to use them all :D ?
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Thanks ! Spell gestures are plentiful, though I never calculated the exact number :lol: . I have room for a few more spells I guess !
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Hi I went trough your spells and some of them are so wonderful that I cant resist add some in my mod. For example Rock Storm should be even in base game for sure... Thanks a lot !
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Azel

Post by Azel »

oh nice, Drakkan. Your custom Mod is still at the top of my list for current favorites. These spells would be a perfect addition.

I have yet to implement them since i'm still working out specific puzzle logic/script. However, I wanted to know, do these new spells have their own unique Graphic/Icon? Many of the custom spells available so far simply re-use existing graphics (the Dispel icon is a popular one). It may seem silly, but having a custom graphic for each spell is a big deal for me :shock:
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

There are a bunch of spell icons in the texture files, Azel. Is that what you are referring to?
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Azel wrote:oh nice, Drakkan. Your custom Mod is still at the top of my list for current favorites. These spells would be a perfect addition.

I have yet to implement them since i'm still working out specific puzzle logic/script. However, I wanted to know, do these new spells have their own unique Graphic/Icon? Many of the custom spells available so far simply re-use existing graphics (the Dispel icon is a popular one). It may seem silly, but having a custom graphic for each spell is a big deal for me :shock:
yes, 3mb file just with new icons is part of these multiple spells :) I have to admit majority of them are really nicely done (including spell icons as well)
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Yes, all icons for new spells are new (77), and where created from Grimrock 2 asset pack and reusable and allowed modifications images. For the 3D effects, I only used the original game models so far, with a few custom lights, colors and one earthquake audio file.

I am now working on adding 3D models and effects as advised by Akroma, and will pick from the data he shared with me. Yesterday I prepared some new item icons for elemental enchanted daggers and swords. I plan to add weapon enchantment spells and other new things and merge a few current similar spells. The next version also will require the beta 2.2.4 of the game for the party movement speed functions.

Also, I worked on a system to force casters to use scrolls to learn spells. The current design is : you find a new spell scroll, you meet the requirements to cast it, you cast it with the scroll in mouse selection, it converts to a stackable empty scroll, then you are able to cast it without scroll (I check the spell name trait in the champion's traits) or to create this spell's scroll from an empty scroll in mouse selection and give it to another caster.

PS: I noticed yesterday a little "problem" with the meteor-like spells; first, the formula to set the number of projectiles is a little wrong, as it it can only be 0, 2 or more bolts, never 1, but with a true caster character it is never seen, second as this number scales with willpower and magic skills, the meteor hammer special attack for example is really really weak in the hands of a non caster character (0 or 2 in my test !!!).