[Release] Lost Halls of the Drinn 1.0.0

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
trancelistic

Re: [Release] Lost Halls of the Drinn 1.0.0

Post by trancelistic »

Very awesome. But I've found 1 bug. ( crashing the game)
SpoilerShow
When the obelisk is frozen on level 2 and you use the wand of fire, then the game will crash
Edit. Uhm now it happens with all the wands. Even when the puzzle is solved. Can't use magic anymore:(
minmay

Post by minmay »

Can you provide the error message please? (There will be an "error.log" in your Grimrock config/save directory containing the message). I don't think there's anything about the obelisk puzzle that could cause this.
Also, this mod requires Grimrock version 1.3.7, so make sure you have that.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

I'm not sure if this is the correct error.log. Because I've started a new game and all was fine.
My grimrock version is the latest

Anyhows here it goes. (If its not the correct error log I can try to reproduce it).
SpoilerShow
#timers:115: attempt to compare two table values
stack traceback:
#timers:115: in function 'activate'
#timers:106: in function 'activate'
#spells:297: in function 'gelid_darts'
mod_assets/scripts/spells.lua:308: in function 'onCast'
[string "Spells.lua"]: in function 'castSpell'
[string "Champion.lua"]: in main chunk
[string "Champion.lua"]: in function 'attack'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'select'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'drawItemSlot'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Gui.lua"]: in function 'draw'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

OS Version 6.1

OEM ID: 0
Number of processors: 4
Page size: 4096
Processor type: 586

Total memory: 5119 MB
Free memory: 2614 MB

Display device 0:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY1
Device string: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
State flags: 00000005

Display device 1:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY2
Device string: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
State flags: 00000000

Display device 2:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV1
Device string: RDPDD Chained DD
State flags: 00000008

Display device 3:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV2
Device string: RDP Encoder Mirror Driver
State flags: 00200008

Display device 4:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV3
Device string: RDP Reflector Display Driver
State flags: 00200008
minmay

Post by minmay »

Ah, goddammit. I know exactly what that is. Really should have written my own timer system instead. I'll try to get a fix uploaded soon.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
minmay

Post by minmay »

OK, I take it back. This bug is not what I thought it was and in fact, I cannot reproduce it or even see how it could theoretically occur. I definitely wouldn't try to continue playing on that save game because the crash will probably occur everywhere extended timers are used, including whenever an isglime moves (luckily there are only 3 of them in the game and you probably killed them already), equipping or even picking up some items, getting hit by a certain enemy...
It shouldn't actually stop all wands from working: firebeam, flashfire, stonestrike, stoneskin, stonefury, stoneshatter, glacial power, shocksheet, thundercall, and Wand of the Thunderstruck should still work (but not awakened Thunderstruck which would just crash on equip).

I'm afraid I'm unlikely to be able to fix this issue. Sorry! I'm pretty confident it's not related to the obelisk puzzle at all though so don't worry about doing it again.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

Its ok:) I'm enjoying your mod so i'm very grateful.
Specialy the effects you have put in.
I'm now back on level 4 with a new party. Darn hard puzzels I have to admit:D But its fun to try anything in my "power" haha.

Thanks for the feedback though:)
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

I just managed to finished your Mod.

it was realy intense as hell and I loved every moment of it. I've died a couple of times at some "bosses" But sure was fun omg.

Specialy the part how to defeat them. That was just pure plesure for me. Just like in the old days.

I give u a 9.9 out of 10. Really great mod.

I'm working on a dungeon too but I can never do this like you did. Simple because I lack the skils into 3danimation ( no idea where to start to learn it) And ofcourse my lack in lua scriptting. But Really I respect you alot.

greetz from me and a big thank you from me, I enjoyed your mod alot. ( my favo part was the music wall btw)
minmay

Post by minmay »

trancelistic wrote:Simple because I lack the skils into 3danimation ( no idea where to start to learn it)
This mod has a total of one custom animation.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
vilebodies

Post by vilebodies »

This is a terrific mod. It has many features that I have seen in no other assembly, and are perhaps unique to it. The elimination of some of the more tedious features in regular Grimrock has made the game quite a bit more playable. I look forward to the sequel, which seems to be in the works, and I hope that the good artwork is continued and expanded (though the writing could be better).
minmay

Post by minmay »

haha, yeah, the writing in the sequels is a LOT better. Actually, the sequel was written first (the story was originally going to be in just one dungeon, not three), so for this mod I tried to come up with something that both led into it, and didn't spoil it. Turns out that's a bad idea.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources