Peasant's Quest: Tower of Rothuxstat

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
MrMoho

Peasant's Quest: Tower of Rothuxstat

Post by MrMoho »

Take the Roll of a unlucky Peasant who got captured by a Group of Slavers and sold to a powerfull Magician. Never having hold a Sword in your entire Life, the only thing you have to escape from this Tower are the wits of a simple Peasant!

-Gameplay

A non-combat oriented Mod
15 playable Level (although only 14 have Riddles)
Recommended Difficulty: Normal (doest't really matter)
Approximated Time: 6-8 hours
Skilling Athletics upon leveling is advised

-Settings

Create a single Farmer class. Don't bother distributing Stats or Traits, they will be set automatically upon start.
Don't bother creating other Characters, either. They will be disabled.

-Author's Note

My very First Mod! If you think some of the Riddles are too simple, difficult or even annoying, find any bugs or have any other sort of feedback, leave a comment or message me about it so I can adress it. This was a lot of fun to make and I might even consider making a second part if this one is any good (might).
And of course a huge shout out to the great crew of the Legend of Grimrock 2 Forum for their great tutorials!

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
Last edited by MrMoho on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaf

Re: Peasant's Quest: Tower of Rothuxstat

Post by Shaf »

I like the challenge of this mod. Still doing the First Level haven't got past the Ogre yet but found the hint.
I like that some of the Puzzles control different rooms although it might be too challenging for some people.
MrMoho

Post by MrMoho »

As a little side Note, I would like to know from somebody who finished my Custom Dungeon how long it took him to beat it so I can set a proper approximation of Time that it takes to finish it.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Finished it in 7:48 with 6 of 7 secrets.

As advertised this mod is (mostly) non-combat oriented. Why (mostly)? Once the first bosses show up you know :twisted:
The focus here is on puzzles. They come in all shapes and sizes and some are really tricky ;)
When puzzles are your thing give this mod a go!

On gear and items the mod is rather short but everything that is not a letter, note or food has a purpose! The only item i haven't found a use for was the shovel; there are no treasures to dig for so it might open up the final secret on which i got no idea where that might be.

On bugs i've seen only a few:
- in the Cells at the start there is a gate with a bag and note behind. The first time i got there the gate was open and i could get both items. Once i loaded the game the gate was suddenly closed and prevented me from reaching both items.
- the Portalmaster can be tele-fragged right before the battle starts which in return crashes the game.
- on the final map (Terrace) i could walk thru all castle walls and clip thru the entire map.
MrMoho

Post by MrMoho »

Thanks for that review, Dr. Disaster. Yes indeed, that Shovel is connected to the final secret. I shall not tell you were it is, but the Notes of Rothuxstats Servants will help you.

And I shall look at those bugs ASAP!

Edit: How did you manage to Telefrag the Portalmaster right at the beginning? I was playing around but didn't manage to do it.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MrMoho wrote:Edit: How did you manage to Telefrag the Portalmaster right at the beginning? I was playing around but didn't manage to do it.
Enter the room with the Portalmaster. While he is still up on the pedestal and does his talk, hit the button on the left with your rock. This telefrags the boss and opens the exit. Now when the game tries to port the (killed) boss to his start position of the upcoming battle it crashes.