Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Azel

Re: Legend of Mystrock (Release 1 is Live)

Post by Azel »

I uploaded the latest version to Nexus Mods last night. The game is still pending approval before they make it available to the public. Once it is ready I will post the direct link here :mrgreen:
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Hi Azel. I'm enjoying this mod - good puzzles. I'm stuck though.
SpoilerShow
I'm in Cult Inner Enclave and fighting the Worshipers of Susa-no-o and I've got to a spot where there's a toad behind me as I'm halfway up a ladder. Something is stopping me from going further up out of his way but can't figure it out.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Hiya!
SpoilerShow
In the areas where you see Toads as you come up a ladder, you should be able to Strafe to the side using "A" or "D" keys. In this area, most of the time you get off of a ladder by strafing instead of the standard way. Let me know if you're able to get off that ladder. In the case you are describing, when you strafe you should end up going through a Portal.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Azel wrote:Hiya!
SpoilerShow
In the areas where you see Toads as you come up a ladder, you should be able to Strafe to the side using "A" or "D" keys. In this area, most of the time you get off of a ladder by strafing instead of the standard way. Let me know if you're able to get off that ladder. In the case you are describing, when you strafe you should end up going through a Portal.
Thanks. ;)
Azel

Post by Azel »

This is available on Nexus Mods now:
http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/31
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hello Azel,
I begin to play your mod,it seems very interesting (I was an inconditionnal of the first trilogy of Myst). I encounter a difficulty but fortunately I have a save just a step before, so I continue.
But perhaps there is an issue here:
SpoilerShow
I was entered (too soon, I think) in the selenite hub, and I was stuck in front of your smart organ , with four figurines I have found but useless, no clues and a closed door... I understand a note was somewhere to explain how to use the hub, but without it, how to go out?
Duncan
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
Azel

Post by Azel »

Oh yes, that would be a bit of an issue if you go there too soon! I do have an exit but you need to be able to leave that main room first. I will address this so that you can leave earlier to avoid getting stuck. Thanks!
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Great mod indeed, especially the island which has the look and fell of Myst
SpoilerShow
(but the destinations from there don't feet, in my opinion, the same look, even if they are interesting)
I think now I am stuck
SpoilerShow
inside the walls of the ratling's fortress. I have kiled a huge number of ratlings and boss ratlings, break the walls and stopped the teleporters, win the bossfight under the entrance pit, then returning again from Myst to this point, but I can't see how to pass over the pit to reach the door. Also, I don't understand how to enter the gold mine
. Can you help me?
A real issue
SpoilerShow
in the map above, first all was OK, but now the frame rate lowered (from 60 to 10!!) without any link with my settings (option low graphics don't fix the issue). You can imagine how the fights become extremely longs and boring in this situation. I can't figure out why it is so, and it's not the case on the others maps
One thing more,
SpoilerShow
why it's so easy to go back to the island with teleporters, and so difficult to return to the starting place by the same way? I have to do the WNWS walk three times now (with in addition 10fps!) and I should fully appreciate a short way instead!
Duncan
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

I was thoroughly enjoying this mod until the rat fortress. Now my frame rate has dropped to produce a slide show. Shame.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Thanks for the feedback! Good info indeed; you gave me some good things to consider for my next update.

Some responses:
SpoilerShow
I agree that these other interesting areas really do not match the additional Ages of Myst. For this beta I have not yet built out these Ages. Instead I built these "preludes" to the Ages. It will take a great deal of effort to fully model each Age, so I wanted a Beta/Demo first to make sure I was even capable of creating something worth playing :mrgreen:

In this storyline, before you can actually travel to the other Ages of Myst you must collect 4 Instruments: timepeace, scope, horn, and flute. Once you collect all 4, place them on the Altar and a final secret and travel area will become available.

The scope is found after defeating the Worshipers Enclave. The horn is found after defeating the Gobhobbler rats. The timepeace is located in the Usurper's Lair, and the flute is found after defeating the Demon Wall.

For the area you defeated, Clan Beach, you cannot access the Gold Mine nor the Elixir Collector. Also, the door behind the pit inside the Keep is only for show. The main purpose of Clan Beach is to infiltrate your way in to the Gobhobbler's Den and obtain the Scope. Apologies if all the extra eye candy distracts too much from the central goal. Perhaps I should reconsider the use of these assets.

Lastly, yes the performance tends to decrease frame rates on Clan Beach. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. I am hoping that the upcoming patch AH is working on (which includes Engine Optimization) will help improve this. However, I will take a close look at anything I can do to help with the frame rate issue.

Oh and yes, I will gladly put in the ability to travel to and from Clan Beach quicker once it is beaten, so that the Lost Woods puzzle does not need to be repeated every single time. Thanks for all the feedback!