Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Azel

Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Post by Azel »

** Update 3/4/2018 **

Version 1.5 is now available.

While the Demo will remain avaiable online, I am happy to say that version 1.0 of the complete Mod, "Mystrock, Artisans Path," is available. I plan to post it to Steam and NexusMods next week, but for now you can download the Mod directly from the site, http://www.Mystrock.com

Here is the Direct Download Link: http://www.mystrock.com/files/artisans/ArtisansPath.zip

The file is available on NexusMods at: http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/56/

Due to the file size being over 100MB, it will not be available on Steam at this time. Although the original Demo version of Mystrock will remain active on Steam.

The following features are supported:

1) Breakable Walls

2) The "guns" have infinite ammo, so Firearms are fully viable, balanced, and one gun can shoot Elemental Blasts!

3) The game is balanced for newcomers, veterans, newly created parties, and high-level imported champions.

4) The environment itself comes from the following resources:
- Dark Elf Temple
- Ctomb
- Cosy Dungeons and Germmany Furniture
- Winter Town
5) New Weapons and Armor
- There are a small number of Armors/Weapons borrowed from the DMCSB Pack

6) All licensing and original authorship is credited in the download file.
- Full ReadMe files for each resource are provided

7) Character Progression: your party will gain 2 Skill Points per level
- this does not create any over-powered nor unblananced issues due to the nature of this Mod

Mystrock, Artisans Path is project that combines the elements of the original Myst game, by Cyan Inc., with the Dungeon Crawler elements of Grimrock. The entire world of Myst has been re-created in this Mod, including the 5th Age of Rime. Players will also encounter maps and challenges that are my own creation, along with designs inspired by other classics.

Easter Eggs, level designs, and general "nods of appreciation" can be found in this Mod to the following works:
- Legend of Zelda
- Final Fantasy
- Clash of Clans
- Magic the Gathering
- The "Sword of Truth" novels by Terry Goodkind
*** If starting with a new party you should set the difficulty to Easy
*** High level imported parties can keep the difficulty settig to Normal
*** A setting of Hard should be avoided at all costs :-0

Over the course of the next week I will continue to perform playtests and also rely on members of the community to report any bugs, feature requests, etc.

The Mod has been out for 3 years now, and I do plan to finish a full walkthrough as well as implement the many updates Players have provided. The Myst Franchise is taking off again as we go in to 2018. The game, Obduction, was released on multiple platforms, and now a new game is on the horizon: Fermament.

I do check this Thread from time-to-time, but if anyone is stuck and wants a quicker response you can contact me at my new email address:
Zenbanevr@gmail.com

Thanks everyone, and hope you enjoy the result of this project. Cheers!
Last edited by Azel on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 17 times in total.
andyroosta

Re: Legend of MystRock

Post by andyroosta »

Excellent..look forward to playing it..cheers.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Azel, that looks amazing. You have a very different design approach compared to other mods, which for me makes it unique and more playable.

Great work!
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Azel

Post by Azel »

Thanks! I am wrapping up the task of fine-tuning both balance and performance. I look forward to feedback from the community after its initial release. I hope to do the Grimrock world due justice :mrgreen:
Firia

Post by Firia »

Slayer82 wrote:Azel, that looks amazing. You have a very different design approach compared to other mods, which for me makes it unique and more playable.

Great work!
If you mean, NOT set in the cramped dingy corridors of a dungeon, I quite agree!

I'm pleased to see that someone else felt the connection to Myst while playing LoG2. So much so that a Myst Mod is here. :D I'm stoked!
Azel

Post by Azel »

Well I hope that I am able to do both Grimrock and Myst some justice, as I love them both :mrgreen:

The Mod is up and ready for Community Feedback:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... t=mystrock

A few notes:
1) I consider this a WIP because I plan to complete the remaining Ages of Myst. However, this Mod is playable and beatable.

2) I have spent many hours testing for bugs and balance issues; at this point I cannot find anything else that needs tweaking so I will rely on the community for a fresh set of eyes.

3) If you are creating a brand new Party for this Mod, be sure to set the Difficulty to Easy; as the Normal Mode was designed for Imported Characters.

4) Also, if you are trying this Mod with a new Party then following the trail of Atrus will serve you best. High level Import Parties can venture off in any manner desired.

I look forward to any and all feedback. And please, don't be gentle :twisted:
Eburt

Re: Legend of Mystrock (Release 1 is Live)

Post by Eburt »

Must say that I am quite enjoying the game so far. I've never played Myst, but I've heard it's quite good... this certainly has my attention thus far.

I found a bug when using the Imagur. Once I get the note to Catherine, if I try to spawn the other items the game crashes:
SpoilerShow
Removed
That aside, the only feedback I have thus far is that I wish I had made a farmer.
Last edited by Eburt on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Ah fantastic find. Of course, whenever I grabbed the scroll I never tried to use the device again. This has been fixed. Thanks a ton!
Eburt

Post by Eburt »

Still enjoying! Found another bug (I assume it is anyway).
SpoilerShow
In the Cult Inner Enclave, I defeated the first lower room, went through the teleporter and cleared that room. Went to the second lower room and triggered the wall shutting and Zarchton attacking. I jumped through the teleporter without defeating the Zarchton and it brought me back to the same room I had just cleared. However, leaving through that rooms's teleporter returns you to the first lower room and I couldn't find a way back into the second to kill the Zarchton because the wall was now shut. Ended up loading the game.
I'm sorry if that was entirely nonsensical. I hope not, but if it doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to explain better.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Definitely a bug, great catch. I updated the Mod to only activate that final teleporter upon the death of the worshiper. Thanks!