[MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Duke45

Re: [MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Post by Duke45 »

Hello;
Thanks for making the mod, I like it so far. I am on level 5 and I need 4 gear keys to advance. I have three. I don't remember finding one on the ice levels, the secret buttons are so hard to see there. Any help is appreciated.

Duke
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

HI Duke, glad you like it. Working on a sequel right now.
SpoilerShow
In answer to your question, there is a gear key on levels 2,3,4, and 5. If it is the one on level 5 (ice level) that you are looking for, do the following: at the start of the level, when you first come down the stairs and turn into the passageway, don't take the corridor to the north that you can see, but continue straight ahead (or westwards on your map), past the spider eggs. Follow the corridor all the way (ignore the one to the south). You will come to a door. Beyond this is a trap door that opens/closes continuously. Next to this trap door (northwards) is an alcove. The gear key is in there
Hope this helps

George
The_Cle@ner82

Post by The_Cle@ner82 »

Stuck on the 4th Floor. Where to use the round key? And how to open the door on the lower mid at the map? Metaldoor with small windows. I got 3 gearkeys and the round key! Cant find a d*mn clue! :-P
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi. Hope you are enjoying it. The answer to your problem:
SpoilerShow
On level 4, the door with the small window is opened by a pressure plate. The pressure plate sets off a timer, giving you a short time to get back to the door before it closes. To find the pressure plate (which is hidden behind a secret wall), go west(left) from the door. Ignore the first corridor to the south you come across. Keep going west, until you see another one to the south. Take that, and keep heading south. At the point where the corridor turns to the east (or right), there is a secret button on the wall infront of you. Press that, and a wall opens. The pressure plate is inside. Stand on it to activate the timer, then run back to the door before it closes. Past the door is a teleporter that takes you to the final part of the map. The round key is used to open a door at the end of the level..
Hope this helps! Happy New Year!
George
paulclementi

Post by paulclementi »

after opening the door on the level with the transporters there are three open pits then a floor plate and then another pit. Everything I throw either goes beyond the plate or drops before the plate. I have no object that when thrown goes four steps in distance. OR is there another way to close the pits. A hint is needed to move on. Thank you.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi. Do the following:
SpoilerShow
As soon as you enter the door that leads onto the 4 open pits, there is a secret button on the wall to your right. This closes the first pit. Step onto the closed pit. On the wall to your right is a secret button. This closes the next pit (number 2). Stand on the closed 2nd pit, and throw an item onto the plate. this will close the 3rd pit. Stand on the closed 3rd pit. There is a button on the left wall. Press that, and it opens a secret room behind you. The button to close the last pit is in there...
Happy New Year!

George
paulclementi

Post by paulclementi »

thank you George. Sometimes the most obvious is over looked.
paulclementi

Post by paulclementi »

Incineration Puzzle: I can't figure out how to open the closed door right next to the incineration switch.
I cannot open the steel grated door one level down from the Incineration switch level.

Also turned on the A, B, C switches to transport non-human items, but nothing transports.

Just stuck any hint would be appreciated.

Thank you.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi, I'll try and help:
SpoilerShow
On the incineration level, where you meet Turkum, the incineration door is initially open. It will only close when a monster (non-human item-nothing else will teleport!) is teleported into the chamber and triggers a pressure plate which closes the door (use A,B,C to activate teleporter), OR if it walks in there by itself!. If you find that the door is already closed, then there is a monster in there already (poss one of the skeleton archers etc). If so, pull the lever next to the door to start incineration. Once complete, the door will open. This will reset the teleporter, so you need to reactivate it again if needed. NB: You should still be able to teleport other monsters into the chamber even though the door is closed, and then just pull the lever as mentioned before..Also, I'm not sure as to which steel grated door you are referring to? If it is on the same level as Turkum (level 5), then it is opened by a key. You need to kill Turkum to get it. If it is on level 4, then you have already made it to level 5, so wont be that important..Please let me know, as I'm a bit confused!
Get back to me if this sorts out your problem

George
paulclementi

Post by paulclementi »

unfortunately I have killed off the ALL the monsters on this level. So there is no one to put in the transporter. I will try starting again from an earlier save. Thanks for your help.