[WIP] GrimTK GUI Framework

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
pawelpoz

Re: [WIP] GrimTK GUI Framework

Post by pawelpoz »

It is posible to do a dialog system with this framework? For example to talk with NPC or party members. Gui show posible texts to say, and you click on one of them to say a dialog sentence or something like that...
cameronC

Post by cameronC »

pawelpoz wrote:It is posible to do a dialog system with this framework? For example to talk with NPC or party members. Gui show posible texts to say, and you click on one of them to say a dialog sentence or something like that...
I'd suggest you watch some of the demo videos John has linked to...

Very excited about this, that last demo vid was impressive!
Writer and sometimes artist of the very slightly acclaimed comic series Scrambled Circuits. A comic series about a robot written by a human.

Grimrock 2 socketSystem: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8546 / Github
pawelpoz

Post by pawelpoz »

Thanks i watched last demo. This is what i need!. It's f*%@ awesome! Can't wait :)
AdrTru

Post by AdrTru »

Its super job.
I tested alpha version and all works very good.
I tried to make custom widget here for drawIcon ( from Iconatlas and index ). I had some particular succes, but not realy understand to all conections :)
Will be there some widget for this functionality ( for some shop or inbue/recipe dialogs ) ?
My LOG2 projects: virtual money, Forge recipes, liquid potions and
MultiAlcoveManager, Toolbox, Graphic text,
Firia

Post by Firia »

I was just nosing around asking if there was existing framework for lite NPC interactions, and lo, you're building it. :D I'm no modder, but I'm excited to see what people do with your work. :D

Makes me wonder if a layman like myself can mod an adventure with this framework + the tools LoG2 has available. :D
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

I'm still calling it Alpha until (a) it's had a bit of testing and (b) I've finished the Cinematics module - but I'm pretty happy with the Dialogue system now and don't envision that part of the Toolkit changing much (if at all) in a way that will break anything with future updates. So, you should be able to start using it now. It's possible a future update will require some updating on your behalf, but I will try to keep it pretty stable from here!

Enjoy!

GrimTK - Legend of Grimrock 2 GUI Toolkit on Nexus Mods
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

My feature list for Beta 01 is...

* Cinematic Support (like LOG1).
* Better Graphics for the "Select Menu".
* Optimizations etc.

If you have any requests for things which you believe should be in there, please let me know!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

many thanks John, this is really really wonderful tool, which will make many mods at least 50 % better.

for future updates here are some ideas:

- support of optional answers. e.g. There is Npc, which will say something and answer would depends on different things. for example if champion´s dexterity is greater than 18 than there will be optional answer: try steal from npc etc...

- to see more examples of the same dialogue (so i can see what is mandatory to use in some dialogue, or what can I miss)

- example of dialogue which is triggering multiple functions on some answer

- example of text box which requires certain input to do something, else do something...

if possible -
- example how to move picture in example dialogue 3 (if possible) to different positions, the same for letters (for example if I can move text in the middle etc.)
Last edited by Drakkan on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
AdrTru

Post by AdrTru »

Its realy brilliant framework.
I am making on own dialog for some forge mod.
Here is preview of my work :)
My LOG2 projects: virtual money, Forge recipes, liquid potions and
MultiAlcoveManager, Toolbox, Graphic text,
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

AdrTru wrote:Its realy brilliant framework.
I am making on own dialog for some forge mod.
Here is preview of my work :)
I dont know how its working, but it looks very cool :d
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis