Neikun's Workshop (WIPs by Neikun) Frequent Updates*

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
chaoscommencer

Re: Neikun's Workshop (WIPs by Neikun) Frequent Updates*

Post by chaoscommencer »

Hey Neikun, I really love all the work you've done! It's been great for mod designers. I just started my first one, and I found this thread. Doesn't seem that anything has really happened on it in quite a while though... Are you still doing any LoG designs? I really liked the gold wallset you were working on and was wondering if you are anywhere's near finished yet? If not, I'd still be interested in even the unfinished version ;).
Eightball

Post by Eightball »

Neikun, did you ever post your Eogardian? I really liked candidate 3 (all black) for some kind of shadow warrior or shade undead. It would fit in perfect with the dungeon I'm working on which has a "Spire of Darkness" as one of its towers. I looked on Nexus and found tons of your awesome work, but not that one. Is it posted on this forum?
Glew

Post by Glew »

Hi!
I downloaded your clean dungeon wallset from the Nexus and ... well let's just say it's too clean:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufvsqp6t546i6 ... n.jpg?dl=0

Any idea what went wrong and how to fix this? My PC isn't exactly super high-end, sometimes I have FPS problems when there's too many light sources or particles. But I haven't ever seen anything like this happen.
I haven't tried custom wallsets before. I am just beginning to use 3rd party custom assets and they all worked fine until now.
Komag

Post by Komag »

That's actually sorta cool! 8-)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
minmay

Post by minmay »

That means all the materials are missing and the game defaulted to the plain white texture. Anyway, this means you didn't install the wallset correctly. If you see "file not found" warnings printing in the console, the material definitions can't find the corresponding textures. If nothing prints to the console, then the game can't find material definitions matching the material names in the models. Make sure you are actually defining the materials and that the texture file paths are correct.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Glew

Post by Glew »

minmay wrote:That means all the materials are missing and the game defaulted to the plain white texture. Anyway, this means you didn't install the wallset correctly. If you see "file not found" warnings printing in the console, the material definitions can't find the corresponding textures. If nothing prints to the console, then the game can't find material definitions matching the material names in the models. Make sure you are actually defining the materials and that the texture file paths are correct.
Thanks for the tip. I followed neikun's included instruction for installing the mod, but maybe I messed up something in the process.
Also, I never managed to open the console :S I think it's supposedly opened by ~ but I have a Hungarian keyboard and I couldn't figure out how to bring up the console (~ on my keyboard is AltGr+1 and the key bellow Esc is 0 - neither brings up the console)
Anyway I'll check the asset scripts.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Glew - not sure if you have done this yet but you need to set
consoleKey = 192
in your- Legend of Grimrock 2/grimrock.cfg
This will set the key you need to activate the console (it is not able to be activated by default).
As you say though, I am not sure how this all is for a Hunugarian keyboard.

Neikun - come back to grimrock!!!! You know you want to 8-)
Glew

Post by Glew »

akroma222 wrote:Glew - not sure if you have done this yet but you need to set
consoleKey = 192
in your- Legend of Grimrock 2/grimrock.cfg
This will set the key you need to activate the console (it is not able to be activated by default).
As you say though, I am not sure how this all is for a Hunugarian keyboard.

Neikun - come back to grimrock!!!! You know you want to 8-)
Thanks for the tip. I guess you wrote "Grimrock 2" by mistake, right? Anyway, I found the .cfg file.
This is what it looked like:

Code: Select all

console = false
consoleKey = 220
I changed it to

Code: Select all

console = true
consoleKey = 192
But it doesn't work.
And I'm not sure, maybe I misunderstood this. Can I bring up the console in the editor? Or only just in game? I tried to do it in the editor. Maybe I'll google Hugnrian keyboard key-bindings.

edit: I'll stop offing here. I found this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3021 Thanks for the help.
Glew

Post by Glew »

minmay wrote:That means all the materials are missing and the game defaulted to the plain white texture. Anyway, this means you didn't install the wallset correctly. If you see "file not found" warnings printing in the console, the material definitions can't find the corresponding textures. If nothing prints to the console, then the game can't find material definitions matching the material names in the models. Make sure you are actually defining the materials and that the texture file paths are correct.
I solved the problem. It was indeed the materials missing. It was a bug in the init.lua. I accidentally imported objects twice and materials got left out. Now that the init.lua is fixed, it works fine. Thanks for the help!