Winter is coming

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Skuggasveinn

Re: Winter is coming

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Hi.

I've been working hard to finish my Winter Tileset.
Its getting really close, and is looking alot better then when I posted the screens of it in the OP.

I would really appreciate it if some of you could download this demo and take a look, feel free to tell me how you like it (or if there is something you don't like) and and most importantly how its running on your system.
Link to the demo dungeon is here http://www.zorglubb.net/grimrock/dropzo ... Coming.zip also on dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu4ujknoht3u2 ... g.dat?dl=0
(you start in a cave, walk out off it an into the winter forest)

Screen of the current build is here.
http://www.zorglubb.net/grimrock/images ... ileset.jpg

There are some things left to do, like ice cracks sounds when the part walks over the frozen river and smoothing out some details here and there.
I'm not making any mod or dungeon with it, so when its done I will just release the source to the nexus, hopefully in the next couple of days, just want to know if anyone has some problems running it.

best regards.
Skuggasveinn.
Last edited by Skuggasveinn on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

Ah-maze-ing. Brilliant looking work here Skuggs, I was planning on making my northern region desert, but after seeing this I am doing a full 180' and using this beautiful piece of work. Thank you!

edit: If possible I would love to see the ruins set from the forest tileset be a part of this.

edit: There seems to be an issue with the file, it locks my browser up every time I try to click the link.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Looks very good to me, except that the lighting on your large rock arch is messed up. Very visible in this screenshot where it intersects with the wall:
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Batty

Post by Batty »

is there a trick to dling this, all the link gives me is a huge page of:
SpoilerShow
Rar!�ϐs��
�������v�t��9�dC��dC��12��[�9F0� ���Winter Is Coming.dat���}GRA2$����������������������w�^�e��F��j������I�������������������<�����������_�)��L��|X�����d;�`#����������������#��X����������12u�R$�� ���
������a0r&�����������dC�?'������U����#������J�P�
���� f���
����8�
����ǫa���<)��U�����ύ���'�z��8�
����W��[0�AG �8�
�����P?��9����U����G�⡛�J�(�8�
����Ru�l��Q����8�
����n$�؀�Z�����U�����_,�m��V�8�
�����.r%�t��+���U��������u����P�
�����%�Uz���bf����܋-IC�}�7��bf�����zC��!��bf����&0������F�����E�/���t��z�����;ǣ������z�����.�)�p�����$������v:F]���7�������(���ꔐ��z��&�������0������>������2f}�����X��������'W
�`���n���������M��\�������������ANH����a��������$���872876d9-145b-4cee-979e-43505af48065���Winter Is Coming���Skuggasveinn'���Test of Winter Tileset
Work in progress���mod_assets/scriptsx���o������}r������͵E�^ �%�Bޥm�ki!���������13��%i�P>�"�!9$��H���>��wS�w�7�5�w�K^�-�z������W���m�V�Ǯ�+?�������Ko��;����ũ�?}���~x���������([^{�j޴�e��Tlۻ.)`��/n���O�����mw��ղ;^�����e���7��T�[Ik;�������F^f��y����D�N��M]����]~�� �u�Xn׾�,��
�gۚ�#׷ܖ�<�;M����ˇ�/��vU��G����ͮ+��w��EU.��h�&N8Έ3╈K_�sD!N� �h���ުl:�̈:CL��g���/�h�����}��K������:�Uy����X��v��x#�C
2-�\G�%$b^��U��N�3�(��ߎ����cl���5��!N��8��i:��X�����(;�+Ӿd�NJA��1A w:c2@������xLr"l�;3�y��(�+2�f(�zsp|�-}#�A{�Ƣ�S�|����9�&��M��f>���A���-�J�ov|s�o9#NB�6� (f"h}@P;���
�S��1��1����g�aGHY
?���c��?4�ĺ�_��#���!M���ְ"�G}
�I����_W0ɉr!�~첑fþA��ߪE����!4��.O;$Bm����1���f�@$�h�@B�@�o��2t#��x����%6WL��o_�uX�����!bN�D���\�B�
�T0o���g�b����z�Im1i]��tƝRqZ��M���0�"��D�(�."$�""y���N6�A!�� FH�#�s�Â�d�N�k7�1S�qh�q���B$��[G-!6�w��:��)��x2̵�T0C��׷)�jg���j!�
�� j�yv�6H:��΢�0 �i�^� �c:��G�ϟʋ!Xw%�����HZ��or͗uSVO�}^��F�.�
�4�0I�w�2D4s��(�ݢ!V��%�Eu��hQ�� ZT�h�Տ]�ZV���BK#ՕFL�sb�S�)@�����a̰2H1-�v�F�K��F�K��F,d�f_�#jP������y!G��'X��cW��:���O"���z�w�n��83:���O���<�7��w�@��s
-Y�гS�O����ĕ�n
and that's when it doesn't crash firefox
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

I've seen some browsers go off the rails when downloading rar files.
here is a zip file link.
http://www.zorglubb.net/grimrock/dropzo ... Coming.zip

and if thats not working then here is a dropbox link to the dat file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu4ujknoht3u2 ... g.dat?dl=0

hope that works for you Batty.

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
THOM

Post by THOM »

What a big invention!

On my opinion the snow on the spruces could be more white - and the backgroundmountains are definitly not for getting close to them (textures are too much upscaled).

I like a lot the idea of having rocklike formations where you can climb up on and that they have a different floortexture.

Keep on - that's great!
Last edited by THOM on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

After playing it I am really digging what I have seen so far. Love the ice and snow effects!
Only one thing struck me as odd looking and that is the little shrubs on the scenic hill bits are way to white and snowy looking compared to everything else, like the trees and grass. I thought they where snowmen at first! :?

Now we just need a snowball throwing weapon, roaring firepit, abominable yeti's and steaming hot cocoa :D

Bravo!
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

WOW Like totally awesome Skuggs :) How long until we can use this Awesome Winter Set mate? Bloody good work mate keep it up. If this what you have done I cant wait to see what Leki and Germmany come up with thxs for the Demo.

The only issue is at times it lags out not sure why, my PC is good and I have no problems with other levels I have created with the Forest set, I mean tons of objects in the level, lots of timers going and lots of lights, although you can see the lag near a mass of fire flies lol. Anyway I love it and will be using once it's available :)
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Hi Skugg. just few ideas / requests

- does the snow support elevation (different levels) somehow, or it is for "flat" levels only ? Some snowy walls for it could be nice. the same for snow ladders.
- please include also manual objects for snow_floor
- I remember from yuleland snowy stone walls. will be these included ? (also some objects like snow dragon statue etc...)
- What about these amazing autumn trees in screens ? could be nice for some transitions.
- could be snowing somehow disabled (it is component of sky ?))
- that freezed water is absolutely amazing. any chance that party could crack the ice and fall into frozen water ? (means I am asking if you plan also some freeze_underwater tiles to be defined)
- I am really missing snowman :)
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Ciccipicci

Post by Ciccipicci »

EPIC