Asset Pack v1

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Phitt

Re: Asset Pack v1

Post by Phitt »

rovaira wrote:Hello.

I'm brand new to modding for this game, and created my first mod last night on Steam called Everaction. My question is what exactly is this? I'm a little confused. Thank you.
This is the asset pack. Right now it only includes the definitions for all the assets Grimrock 2 uses. Each object, each texture, each spell etc needs to be set up in a certain way so you can use it in the editor later. If for example you want to add a torch holder to your dungeon in the editor then first someone needs to define that torch holder in a definition that defines its position, the model it uses, the components, the light etc - this was done by Almost Human for you already in case of the torch holder and every other object used in the main game. If you want to create custom objects that are different from the objects in the editor this is very useful information (this may be completely new models, but can also be items or objects with new scripts attached, their position or other values altered etc).

Later on (hopefully soon) the asset pack will actually have the assets themselves as well. That means you can download all the models, textures etc to have a look at them an alter them if you wish.
sajon

Post by sajon »

Petri,

I am checking to see if there is more asset packs beside v1 & v2?
If so could you please post a link.
If not, is there a time frame for the release of the next asset pack?

Thank You

Sajon
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

any news regarding Downloadable Asset Pack ? I really wish to modify some objects...
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Drakkan wrote:any news regarding Downloadable Asset Pack ? I really wish to modify some objects...
+1. I know there is the Blender exporter, but it's really a very cumbersome way for those of us who don't use Blender. The asset pack and fbx export options in the GMT are really the only thing missing to really get me started with my mod. *cry* *whine*
Komag

Post by Komag »

Phitt wrote:+1. I know there is the Blender exporter, but it's really a very cumbersome way for those of us who don't use Blender. The asset pack and fbx export options in the GMT are really the only thing missing to really get me started with my mod. *cry* *whine*
Heaven and Earth need to be moved then, so Phitt can do his magic! Seriously! :!:
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

I had asked this earlier... can we use Blender or something else to export the materials from the .dat file? It has been stated we can but no one said how. I am all for doing it myself, as opposed to waiting for AH to finally release the pack. But HOW????????????????????????????
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Hey MrChoke. I think the reason there are no easy/published ways for extracting assets is because it requires hacking up files the debs don't want hacked up. I presume it's not only in the terms and conditions that we won't do this (even if one or two do in private) but it's also against the wishes of the devs.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

JohnWordsworth wrote:Hey MrChoke. I think the reason there are no easy/published ways for extracting assets is because it requires hacking up files the debs don't want hacked up. I presume it's not only in the terms and conditions that we won't do this (even if one or two do in private) but it's also against the wishes of the devs.
That is fine I guess. So the bottom line is, we are completely dead in the water on editing, copying or modifying the material files in any way until the rest of the asset pack comes out. Which we have been given no ETA on. As I had said, I didn't mod Grimrock 1 so I cannot gauge how or why it is taking this long to release the rest of asset pack. Did Grimrock one take many months to release?
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

+ 1 to all of these posts. I to would like the textures to add to models. At the end of the day it belongs to AH and they must be busy doing something. I remember Petri saying there are hundreds of files before. Surely the files are already there in their folders and the models etc... I would think it's a matter of just posting all on the forum. so there must be a reason why they are taking so long maybe copyright issues etc....
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

February 6th...... and the wait continues.......................