[MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.33

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
sapientCrow

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.32

Post by sapientCrow »

It was Skaro indeed
I just looked at my paper I drew it out on and I messed up and actually flipped the placements and numbers.
arggg!! I wish I had seen that simple mistake I could have solved it. Once I know where Skaro is I can solve it.
SpoilerShow
Since Skaro prizes sword and Mist is to its right Skaro has to be in the 4th position and hence all the rest fall into place from there.
Thanks for helping.
I can solve it now.
Unfortunately I got help with the Skaro bit so =( I am bummed.
Well I guess I quasi solved it with minor help.

thanks for that puzzle btw. I wish I looked closer at my paper =(
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Another question:
I am trying to figure out how to deal with getting character 6.
SpoilerShow
I am reading the note about the teeth to grind my brothers and the spell. I know that spell came with the note. I returned back to the Southern Guard station where I have been placing things on the gear wall. I am at a loss though. I figured it would just be the gears from the beginning which I kept. I tried to place them in the alcove the first time and nothing happened and then I just dragged them along with me. The thing is that gear wall accepts everything and it sticks there. I now have also cast that spell in all the tiles in the station now too. Do I need to place just one item on the gear wall or a combination of items?
Also I am playing through with Corvus and at each location where a normal party member joins Evante I am getting a BEX crash consistently. In order to get into the areas I have to use console and turn of the collision. It happens on the tile before the wand where Calve is and also the tile after the secret chime where Su'Va would normally be.
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

You are on the right track with the gear but it sounds like this is badly bugged especially since I've found another crash while trying to fix the ones you mentioned. No worries I'll get to work on a fix for you and hopefully have this sorted out quickly.
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

SpoilerShow
Yah I pretty much put all the machine parts by the gear wall. I thought I had figured it out last night and brought the hearts to the wall and placed them. I could not get them to work either. I used collision and walked through the wall and found the area nearby but pressing the button did not do anything nor did using the spell there. Of course I assumed that unless the first trigger was set the next one would not trigger properly.

Looks like a cool mechanic if you can choose a new party member.

Edit:
If you do fix I assume it will not be compatible with a previous save?
If that is the case is there a method to console spawn a new player?
LocalFire

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.33

Post by LocalFire »

Ok I've posted up a fixed version 1.33, looks like the problem was a typo in a script that removes the extra prisoners when using Corvus, hopefully should take care of any issues.
My Dungeons
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

does that mean I just need to go put that gear on the gear wall and it will give me a new character?
still not entirely clear on how to get the character mechanic to activate?
do I have to start a new game?
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Yes unfortunately, the save file will only work for the version it was saved from.

As for how to get the new character, there were several additional notes hinting at the process but as part of the bug that was crashing the game at the cells where they spawn, you would of missed them, Basically take one of the four hearts and place it on the arms of the statue in the hidden room and hit the button. You can only have one extra character but you get to choose the class.

As for using the console to spawn a character, you would get a standard level one of the class you choose, they would be human and have the name Watcher in the Stone, the name of the portraits Ranger.tga Mage.tga etc. I would give you the function name to spawn them but due to way the script works it would likely cause a crash if they were spawned in that way.

Let me know if you need anything else I'm always happy to help.
My Dungeons
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

ahhh ok.
thanks for the fix. I will start over then and try it out.
it is a pretty cool mechanic to allow for a unique party member of your choice to be added after beginning. Also a relief given being a solo mage is very time consuming. I generally always have an backstabber with assassinate asap.
oh as for opening the wall it just takes the gear there?
thanks again
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Yes its the gear that opens the door.
My Dungeons