Asset Pack v1

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Jackard

Re: Asset Pack v1

Post by Jackard »

Thanks very much.
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

Drakkan wrote:as for the traits icons - where are they stored, how many of them is now and how can i define my own ? (I suppose it will be similar to item gfx atlas ? If yes, are the some rules to keep for the icons ? (size if the picture, format...)
There are dozens of unused icons it seems. I just typed in some random numbers and got a whole bunch of icons for my experimental trait (some of the icons are very interesting looking).
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Thank you!

I have a few questions:

1. How does 'dissolve' work? Are there several nodes/bones on a model that get removed one by one or is there some kind of lowpoly lod model inside the model file?

2. How can I define a new pullchain for a door? I looked at the base doors and at the regular doors, but I couldn't find any option to change them so far.

3. How do the occluders work? I assume they're just some kind of black/empty planes behind/inside the model with a special material (?) that enable occlusion culling?
petri

Post by petri »

Phitt wrote:Thank you!

I have a few questions:

1. How does 'dissolve' work? Are there several nodes/bones on a model that get removed one by one or is there some kind of lowpoly lod model inside the model file?

2. How can I define a new pullchain for a door? I looked at the base doors and at the regular doors, but I couldn't find any option to change them so far.

3. How do the occluders work? I assume they're just some kind of black/empty planes behind/inside the model with a special material (?) that enable occlusion culling?
1. I think you mean the lod system? The system is pretty much automatic. It assumes that the model has two meshes lod0_mesh and lod1_mesh. Lod0 is high detail, lod1 is low detail.

2. Use the pullchainObject property of the door to specify a custom pullchain object, e.g. pullchainObject = "my_pullchain"

3. Occluders are very coarse models (around 5-15 polygons) that are used for occlusion culling. The occlusion culling system is implemented on the CPU so that it offloads the GPU and eliminates all latency issues. The occluders don't need any special materials, only their geometry is used.
Faerghail

Post by Faerghail »

Yeah !! Thx a lot !! :)
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

few questions please:

1. I can see class alchemist have trait firearm_expert defined

Code: Select all

defineCharClass{
	name = "alchemist",	
	uiName = "Alchemist",
	traits = { "firearm_expert" },
	optionalTraits = 2,
}
I understand this is extra trait defined for character class, however I do not see definition for it somewhere. What / where is it referring to ?

2. As for the alchemist multiply ability, this is hardcoded, or there is some script for it ?

defineTrait{
name = "aggressive",
uiName = "Aggressive",
icon = 75,
charGen = true,
description = "You are full of rage. Damage +4",
-- TODO!
}
no rush, just TODO :d

4. Dint try that, but how to define more / different ingredients for mortar ? Do i need just to add traits = { "herb" } and tags = { "herb" },
to the item and it will appear in mortar GUI to use ? or is it more complicated ? (as for the ingredient numbering etc...)
EDIT: tried add new item but its not working of course :) Is there any way how to add new herb item into mortat GUI ? if even possible.
Last edited by Drakkan on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
AdrTru

Post by AdrTru »

Thank you very much, lot of problems will be clear with this descriptions.
My LOG2 projects: virtual money, Forge recipes, liquid potions and
MultiAlcoveManager, Toolbox, Graphic text,
Dunkler

Post by Dunkler »

That helps a lot :)
I finally was able to create all new races and classes i need.

However..some things seem to be missing or are not changeable...

examples:

The elemental magic schools- how do i difine their damage bonus per skill level?

same with the light/heavy weapons how do i difine their bonus damage per skill level?

the base attributes..is it possible to change their names? how they add bonus points to resists?

Questions..Questions :)
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Thanks for that :)
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
QuintinStone

Post by QuintinStone »

petri, what do we have to do to get the global shootProjectile() function to work?
Crypt of Zulfar