[MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: [MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Post by leewroy »

Stuck on the 2nd floor
SpoilerShow
I reached the 3rd floor but only using the jumping method. There is a iron door at the the end of the corridor, and I also found two blue gems, but I didn't find or don't remember where it is the demon head :P
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi again.
SpoilerShow
On level 2 there are 3 blue gems to collect. 1 in the Library, 1 to the west ("to elven ruins"), and 1 to the east. To access the one in the Library, go into the Stores and collect the brass key to unlock Library door. When in the Stores, there is a lever. Pull this lever. This will open a secret door next to the sign that says "To Elven Ruins". Go west past the sign. There is a passageway to the south that is sealed by an Iron door. Ignore for now, and continue west, avoiding the lightning bolts. You will find a secret button by an alcove (which contains a blue gem). Press the button. This will open a secret door to the east. Go back the way you came and travel east, until you come to a corridor with more lightning bolts. Follow corridor until you come to another alcove (with another blue gem). There is also a secret button here. Press this, and this will open the metal door you passed earlier (to the south). Behind this door is the deamon head that you put the 3 gems into. This will open another door that leads you into a room containing numerous teleporters..
Hope this helps (quite complex)

George
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Hey dude. Helped a lot :mrgreen:

I'm currently exploring the
SpoilerShow
room with lot of teleporters
Thanks!
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

The snails and spiders were also very cool.
When I first fought the snails I thought hey its just a snail then zap two times and 2 of my party is dead.
Made that first fight quite a challenge.
The other quite challenging enemy was that frost spider. Especially in those ice corridors. I very much like different enemy types a lot.

As for the incinerator I should have added that in my recommendations.
I realized what it was and used it to kill a archer. However I just went toe toe with Turkum. Since I had a ton of bombs left and an ice mage I killed him directly.
If you want to force the player to use the incinerator I would make him immune to all damage but the incinerator. And perhaps after a bit of time where the player is hitting him and returning 0 damage a dialog pops up to give a hint to use it. It is a shame not to use it since it was designed that way. You could either do that or put his hp through the roof and make the incinerator damage do insane damage.

A sequel sounds great. (if you Urdril I assume it will be forced solo play or will we find companions like other mods do?)
I also would really like to see the sequel be a lot longer as well.
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi.
I will play your mod after finishing Toorum's Manor- it definitely looks worth checking. Is it designed for a new party?
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi. You can either use the default party that comes with LOG1, or custom your own characters as in the original game (I haven't got any predefined characters in Ogre, but will have in the sequel)
George
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Hey dude. I's m stuck on the 4th floor. Here's the problem:
SpoilerShow
ok, there is the third floor. I went through a place where you have to avoid poison shotings, and end up in a crossroad. In one of the ways there is stais down, which I ignored for now, choosing the other path. Solved the puzzle with the green spider and earned the ornate key. Opened a new section and end up on a dead end with a lever to the side. If we open that lever, a hole appears and I jumped in, I've got the warhammer, scroll of light and other thing.

Problem is, seems ther is no way out now. At the end of the corridor there is a portculis with a keyhole ON THE OTHER SIDE, and seems it needs a gold key, afaik.

Don't tell me me destiny is to die of hunger in this terrible place :shock: :mrgreen:
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Hey dude. I's m stuck on the 4th floor. Here's the problem:
There is indeed a place where you can drop down with a crab in there and there is no way out because the gold key opens it from the other side.
I reloaded before I jumped in and then went in from the key side. Perhaps because of the crab the intention was a player would die down there every time.
I however take a single crab as a challenge so I beat him and realized I was stuck =(
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Yeah... :(
Thanks for your help, dude. I'll use the console to get out of the place, but it's a thing that should be fixed on the final version ;)
So far I'm enjoying the module.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Well...stuck again! :?
SpoilerShow
Took the other way I mentinoed in the previous post. I weant to a flooded dungeon and expled all the place. Found another key (now I have three) but seems ther is nowhere eles to go now.