LoG1 tilesets???

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Prozail

LoG1 tilesets???

Post by Prozail »

I'm just curious if anyone has started translating any of the LoG1 tilesets to Log2, like the dark_elf_temple, dark_temple, deep_dungeon, deep_temple, frozen_temple, high_temple, northern_dungeon?

Otherwise i might have a go at one or two of them, but not if someone already started...
Doridion

Re: LoG1 tilesets???

Post by Doridion »

Already occupied to study all objects definitions systems to make a real efficient full tileset ( not only the walls, floors and ceilings ). Actually, I've hardcoded more than 85% of original elements ( not based on object ), so I think than if a team can be ready to work, it could be done less than 1-2 weeks.
Last edited by Doridion on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oxijyn

Post by Oxijyn »

If I knew how to do such things, I'd start work on that. I was just thinking this morning that I'd love to have access to some of those tilesets for my current project.
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Yep imam working on it as we speak will take time though because I really need the Assets Pack to figure some things out eg: Particle system and how they work :)
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Hi I am having some problems with the Frozen Alcove and Altar. I don't know how to add pictures to this site, so ill give you the Drop Box link to the Pics and code.
the file is called: Frozen_Temple_Problem.zip

Drop Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tx8r8dwlz9ibfj8/ppISEmYxel

Is there a way to upload pictures to this site via dropbox? It would make it easier that my way lol. Thxs. If you look at the pictures you will see the problems I am having, if anyone could help on this then I can continue porting the Frozen Temple Set. oh and it was done origanly by: Daniv :)
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

Eleven Warrior wrote:Hi I am having some problems with the Frozen Alcove and Altar.

Prozail

Post by Prozail »

I've pretty much reworked the whole dark_elf_temple pack (by Daniv).. Just need to sort a few things out and repackage it nicely, then i'll post it. So no need to start converting that one.

I'll have a look at your problems.. The altar is one of the things i have issues with still on the dark_elf set (I get no base atm.)
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

I prozil I am having problem with Pillar placement in the tile set, here is the code atm: I cant seem to get the pillar onto the wall, it does on some and then there are random pillars in the room as well. To be honest I stil don't know what the numbers mean either eg: "frozen_temple_wall", 30, I assume there percentages of tiles.

All I need to do is get the pillar onto the wall, man I can do this LOG 1 easy as.... lol Thxs man. So let me know if you figure out the prob with Altar and Alcove :)

Code: Select all

--- Frozen_Temple_Tile_Set ---

defineTile{
  name = "frozen_temple_wall",
  editorIcon = 196,
  color = {110,130,110,255},
  solid = true,
  builder = "dungeon",
	wall = {
		"frozen_temple_wall", 30,
		"frozen_temple_wall_drainage", 1,
	},
	automapTile = rocky_wall,
}

defineTile{
  name = "frozen_temple_floor",
  editorIcon = 192,
  color = {110,130,110,255},
  solid = false,
  builder = "dungeon",
	ceiling = {
		"frozen_temple_ceiling", 100, --50

},

wall = {
		"frozen_temple_wall", 30,
		"frozen_temple_wall_drainage", 1,
	},

pillar = {                  
		"frozen_temple_pillar", 1,  --- Is this incorrect ???? ----

},

floor = {
		"frozen_temple_floor_01", 100,
		--"frozen_temple_floor_02", 50,
	},
	ceilingEdgeVariations = false,
	automapTile = rocky_wall,
}
Prozail

Post by Prozail »

the definition seems alright, you prob have to offset the pillar in it's own object. (At work now so i can't check atm)
also, the probabilities are like this: (copy pasted from the script reference)

Code: Select all

For example, the following would generate a wall drain approximately every 50th generated wall:
wall = {
    "dungeon_wall_01", 50,
    "dungeon_wall_drain", 1,
}
so if you only have one line, the number makes no difference, as it's total will still be 100%.

Edit: AHH just saw something! Put the pillar-segment in the wall-tile-definition, not sure if it has any effect in the floor-tile.. then the walls will generate pillars aswell.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

just want thank you guys for converting these popular assets, looking forward to see it done !
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis