[ASSETS] LOG 1 MONSTERS - Enhanced Edition

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Leki

[ASSETS] LOG 1 MONSTERS - Enhanced Edition

Post by Leki »

As petri noticed here we can freely use LoG 1 monsters in LoG2 mods. As you can see, it was easy to guess import scripts, but solving materials... well thats another story. Hope in next patch, missing assets will be added.

How to:
Just add into your init.lua following code:

Code: Select all

-- Import LOG 1 Monsters
import "assets/scripts/monsters/snail.lua"
import "assets/scripts/monsters/warden.lua"
import "assets/scripts/monsters/uggardian.lua"
import "assets/scripts/monsters/tentacles.lua"
import "assets/scripts/monsters/skeleton_warrior.lua" -- including archer and patrols
import "assets/scripts/monsters/ogre.lua"

-- import "assets/scripts/monsters/scavenger.lua" -- missing sound
-- import "assets/scripts/monsters/ice_lizard.lua" -- missing animation
-- import "assets/scripts/monsters/goromorg.lua" -- missing sound

import "assets/scripts/grimrock1/grimrock1_materials.lua" -- LoG 1 Monster materials
Enjoy.
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
sps999

Re: [ASSETS] LOG 1 MONSTERS - Enhanced Edition

Post by sps999 »

To think I was about to import them all manually.

Anyway, the Ogre and Skeleton Warrior will crash the game when they die, since they drop items that are not in Grimrock 2: the Ogre Hammer and Legionary Shield respectively. Also, the game crashes when tentacles are placed because tentacles look for a drain object that is not in the game.You should be able to make these objects and items yourself, but just a heads up.
Leki

Post by Leki »

Yes, and snails tentacles are going through the wall because of the animation etc...

... as I said: Enjoy. :twisted:
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
Doridion

Post by Doridion »

Good trick ? Sticked trick ;)
Jackard

Post by Jackard »

One weird trick to get LoG1 assets. Developers HATE it!!
Rougecorne

Post by Rougecorne »

And the "cube" ? D:
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

i hope someone with more knowledge of the game resolves the issues of missing game objects and sounds. Having Grey Ogres and Goromorgs would be awesome. But having Wardens again is totally sweet. 8-)
QuintinStone

Post by QuintinStone »

The code for fixing the ice lizard can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8104&start=10#p81964
sps999

Post by sps999 »

The sound files that are missing for Goromorg and Scavenger might be able to be filled in.
I strongly believe (but have not tried it yet since I'm not at my Grimrock computer) that defining the sounds for "goromorg_hit" "goromorg_attack" "goromorg_walk" and "goromorg_die" would prevent the error from happening. I've been working on manually porting over the goromorg, and I have given him placeholder sounds (mostly from dark acolyte) but I still have to work on getting his range attacks to work and I have doubt I would be able to get his shield to ever work.

I have also manually ported over the Scavenger replacing his sounds with a mix of different animals (turtle_attack, snake_hit, snake_die, and spider_walk [Note: I have not heard a scavenger in a very long time, so there is a very good chance the choice for these sounds are not even close to the original sounds. In addition, I was hesitant to use the spider_walk sound is a pretty infamous and recognizable warning that spiders are nearby, but I could not think of a better skittering noise in Grimrock 2]) and I *have* posted the code in the following:

Put the following code in either your monsters.lua:

Code: Select all

defineAnimationEvent{
	animation = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_attack.fbx",
	event = "attack",
	frame = 8,
}

defineObject{
   name = "scavenger",
   baseObject = "base_monster",
   components = {
      {
         class = "Model",
         model = "assets/models/monsters/scavenger01.fbx",
         storeSourceData = true,
      },
      {
         class = "Animation",
         name = "animation",
         currentLevelOnly = true,
		 animations = {
			idle = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_idle.fbx",
			moveForward = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_walk.fbx",
			turnLeft = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_turn_left.fbx",
			turnRight = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_turn_right.fbx",
			attack = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_attack.fbx",
			getHitFrontLeft = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_get_hit_front_left.fbx",
			getHitFrontRight = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_get_hit_front_right.fbx",
			getHitBack = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_get_hit_back.fbx",
			getHitLeft = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_get_hit_left.fbx",
			getHitRight = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_get_hit_right.fbx",
			fall = "assets/animations/monsters/scavenger/scavenger_01_get_hit_front_left.fbx",
		 },
      },
      {
         class = "Monster",
         meshName = "scavenger_mesh",
         level=1,
         health = 100,
         evasion = 10,
         exp = 75,
         traits = { "animal" },
         hitEffect = "hit_goo",
         capsuleHeight = 0.2,
		 capsuleRadius = 0.7,
         hitSound = "snake_hit",
		 dieSound = "snake_die",
      },
      {
         class = "MeleeBrain",
         name = "brain",
         sight = 4,
      },
      {
         class = "MonsterMove",
         name = "move",
         sound = "spider_walk",
         resetBasicAttack = false,
         turnDir = 0,
         cooldown = 1,
      },
      {
         class = "MonsterTurn",
         name = "turn",
         sound = "spider_walk",
         cooldown = 0,
      },
      {
         class = "MonsterAttack",
         name = "basicAttack",
         sound = "turtle_attack",
         cooldown = 2,
         attackPower = 15,
         animationSpeed = 1,
         animation = "attack",
      },
   }
}
I'm not sure how you would fix the missing animation from the Ice Lizard, because as far as I know the animations are defined with the monster. Maybe the error refers to missing animation events, but either way the above post has a link to the manually ported version of the Ice Lizards (and the thread itself starts with a manually ported snail).

Currently it seems like the best way to use the Warden is by using this import method, as he seems to be complete. However, it might still be good to eventually manually port him to customize his attributes.
And a tip for anyone trying to port over monsters themselves, make sure you have the correct mesh for the correct monster. Incorrect meshes will give a very vague error when loading the editor (something about a missing table).

Edit: Inserted Scavenger code. Also, I have ported over the Ghost Skeleton from the Nexus Mods, but will not be sharing that until I clarify some of the privacy issues. In particular, the Ghost Skeleton on the Nexus Mods states,
Upload permission
You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances
Conversion permission
You are not allowed to convert this file to work on other games under any circumstances
but I would be led to believe that the Conversion permission would be void for the same reason AH is okay with the porting of LoG1 monsters (and this may be why the mod has this permission in the first place). However, with the Upload permission it probably more directly refers to Pandafox's desire to keep ownership of the work, so I would have to get his greenlight to post the code. The only reason I mention this Ghost Skeleton though is that it is a perfect candidate for the victim of ethereal weapons and attacks, and definitely a nice addition.
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

can anyone make a simple script to define 2 new objects. A "Heavy Shield" renamed "legionary_shield" and a "Warhammer" renamed "ogre_hammer"

that should automatically fix the problems of crashing with the Tunnel Ogre and Skeleton Legionary.